Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2016, 08:07 AM   #1

Rough roads from Port Washington to Green Bay

Went to Door County last weekend. Road was so rough, it shook loose the cover that slides into the forward awning arm ( covers the wires) and I lost it before I could conveniently stop. Now, trying to obtain replacement from Dometic. Would recommend a blob of silicone at bottom end of cover in the channel to prevent loss. Luckily I had a roll of duct tape with. Thought I would use the build sheet from FR for the numbers. Dometic informed me that those numbers were incorrect. Imagine that! They were helpful and told me where to look on the awning hardware for the correct number. Now hope part is available and won't cost an arm and a leg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000319.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	120261  
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:22 AM   #2

I know that stretch of road very well. Ozaukee county section of HY43 sucks and has been in very poor condition for years. Funny that on your way to Door County, you drove through Manitowoc county, where they are finishing a major resurfacing project on their section of HY43. The old surface of HY43 in Manitowoc county was in way better condition than the Ozaukee county section of HY43. Both lanes, both directions in Ozaukee county are in horrible condition and I have not read anything about a project to fix this.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
washington