Old 03-31-2015, 08:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperville View Post
Thank you. I think the curtain brackets will be ok. I guess my real question was if this was for a reason that I wasn't aware of. If not I'm I obviously going to now be upset with the fact that I have to move them all and every window of a brand new unit will have holes in the walls. I hope this camper turns out to be better than it has been so far when I start using it. The purchase and delivery process with the dealership was terrible and now this problem from the factory. Smh
Believe me, I understand! Over the years I've mastered coloring putty to camper paneling... Scratches, holes, defects in anything get to me so I repair them. There are some opaque push-in plugs that can obscure the holes too. Fortunately, it's a relatively blind area.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:18 PM   #12

Yeah. The plugs is what I was thinking also. Thanks for the input.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:06 PM   #13

Hi everyone - We are brand new to the forum and picked up our new Salem Hemisphere 299RE a very recently. We have the exact same problem with the window shades and I just sent photos to our dealer about it. Information in this thread was very helpful.

Hopefully we will get some resolution from the dealer this week.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:12 PM   #14

Just an update on my situation. We are still waiting for new shades to come in. When we took ours back to the dealer they found that all of our shades were too short for the windows and had to order new ones. This is simply amazing to me, how dumb do you have to be to install window shades that are too short to cover the windows and what about some qc.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:45 PM   #15

Update on my window shades

We ended up returning our unit to the dealer who resolved all but two of our window shade issues. For some reason, they just didn't fix two of them - not sure why.

After complaining about that issue, the sent me two new shades which my wife and I installed ourselves. So we are finally good to go.

Tags
salem