Old 05-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #11
I take it the Strybuc Philips Screen door handles don't fit? I've seen them at Tweety', and liked that they have metal, but don't know if any carried by them or at the Strybuc site would fit.

Gary & Constance; Scamp and Phoebe, Poochons

2012 V Lite 30WFKSS
2011 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi
WWTTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:01 PM   #12
Take The Road Less Travld
It looks like tweets carries the outside latch, but not the indoor handle that works the latch . Same as everywhere I've checked. Seems to be a dealer part .

"Take The Road Less Traveled"
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s
2013 Ford F150 FX4
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #13
Originally Posted by MuddauberE View Post
It looks like tweets carries the outside latch, but not the indoor handle that works the latch . Same as everywhere I've checked. Seems to be a dealer part .
Forest River part #1-1529A. Includes both the inside and outside latches. Cannot purchase just the inside latch.

This inside latch will continue to break if you use it to close the outside door, when screen door is latched to outside door. The latch is NOT designed for that pulling force. Keep the screen slider open when attached to the exterior door and reach through to grasp the metal door handle for closing!
l001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #14
Is the part number you referred to plastic or metal? I realize you shouldn't use the plastic handle to close the door but guests don't realize this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forest River Forums mobile app
Pacostaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #15
Bumping this thread. Mine is broken too and looking for a solution. Just called the dealer to see if he can get the parts for me to install. A replacement would be awesome.

Edit: Ordered a bar, and used loctite on the broken part. Hopefully it works.
2014 F-150 SCREW Ecoboost 4x4.

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s GVWR #6402
thestrangebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #16
Parts are available

Mine broke last trip and I checked with the dealer this week. Mine stocks the latches, because apparently they break pretty often. I have a new one sitting on the counter at home, installing it this weekend. RV Travel world in Sacramento had 5 on the shelf when I was there Wednesday. Incidentally they warrantied mine, cost was 0 to me. List was $22, and the previous poster was right, they come with both inner and outer as an assembly.

chrisbfishin is offline   Reply With Quote