Old 10-26-2018, 09:37 AM   #1

Screen door sticking at top corner

On my 241QBXL the entry screen door gets stuck on the latch side of the door at the top corner every time you open or close it. The problem seems to be worse when using the stabilizers which make me believe the frame of the trailer is flexing and causing the door to jam. The outside door is fine and is not a problem.

To give the screen door clearance I either need to cut off a section of the top corner or try to lower the door 1/4" on the 3 hinges. I hesitate to file off or cut the top of the door and lowering the door on the hinges is going to be a challenge too!

Has anyone experienced this problem and fixed it? If so how did you fix it? Many thanks!

moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshe1436 View Post
On my 241QBXL the entry screen door gets stuck on the latch side of the door at the top corner every time you open or close it. The problem seems to be worse when using the stabilizers which make me believe the frame of the trailer is flexing and causing the door to jam. The outside door is fine and is not a problem.

To give the screen door clearance I either need to cut off a section of the top corner or try to lower the door 1/4" on the 3 hinges. I hesitate to file off or cut the top of the door and lowering the door on the hinges is going to be a challenge too!

Has anyone experienced this problem and fixed it? If so how did you fix it? Many thanks!
Whenever my screen door stuck i had to tweak the stabalizers to get everything squared up. Mind you this was on a manual stabilizer rig

swampdonkey772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdonkey772 View Post
Whenever my screen door stuck i had to tweak the stabalizers to get everything squared up. Mind you this was on a manual stabilizer rig
Had to do the same thing on our old 2007 Jayco. Manual stabs and I'd go around tweaking them while the wife watched the door. Usually found a combination that would square everything up.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Yes, mine is also equipped with manual stabilizers. I have tried adjusting the stabilizers to the point where they're almost useless, causing a lot of movement inside the camper - and the door still sticks!
Old 10-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Had to do the same thing on our old 2007 Jayco. Manual stabs and I'd go around tweaking them while the wife watched the door. Usually found a combination that would square everything up.
I will not miss those days. Then having to go back every couple of days to true it back up. Hopefully my new trailer is different
Old 10-26-2018, 09:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
I guess I'll have to be more patient with this and get my DW to do the same thing! The funny thing is don't think I put that much weight on any of the stabilizers but it's probably a "balancing" act between all of them! Sounds like "fun!"

Thanks!

Mo
Old 10-26-2018, 09:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshe1436 View Post
I guess I'll have to be more patient with this and get my DW to do the same thing! The funny thing is don't think I put that much weight on any of the stabilizers but it's probably a "balancing" act between all of them! Sounds like "fun!"

Thanks!

Mo
Yeah. Usually it will be opposite corners that you'll need to tweak
Old 10-26-2018, 10:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Yeah. Usually it will be opposite corners that you'll need to tweak
Thanks for the tip.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:56 PM   #9

Often this is the result of the screen door sagging from road vibration or whatever. There is no diagonal support for any screen doors I've seen. That said if you open the door and lift up On the outer corner modestly you may be able to correct the sag. I know it has worked for me many times.
Carpercb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpercb View Post
Often this is the result of the screen door sagging from road vibration or whatever. There is no diagonal support for any screen doors I've seen. That said if you open the door and lift up On the outer corner modestly you may be able to correct the sag. I know it has worked for me many times.
No, the door doesn't sag. The trailer sags!! I think you have it backward.

The door sticks at the top on the latch side. I have tried to pull down on that side to stop it, but the door is very rigid and it won't move. Afraid to go to heavy on it -- I don't want to collapse it!

Thanks anyway for your thought.

Mo

Tags
door