Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2018, 11:52 AM   #1

Screen repair Windjammer

Help!!!! I have scoured you tube etc over and over for help pertaining to fixing the screen door on my 2015 Windjammer trailer. Everything I find talks about taking out the weatherstripping, removing old screen, and replacing using the roller tool...looks easy BUT I don't think I have weather stripping!! Looks to be glued in place. its a tri door and its the bottom that needs replacing. My dog destroyed it. Looking for advice, hoping to be able to fix myself!
Albertacampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
Gustafson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertacampers View Post
Help!!!! I have scoured you tube etc over and over for help pertaining to fixing the screen door on my 2015 Windjammer trailer. Everything I find talks about taking out the weatherstripping, removing old screen, and replacing using the roller tool...looks easy BUT I don't think I have weather stripping!! Looks to be glued in place. its a tri door and its the bottom that needs replacing. My dog destroyed it. Looking for advice, hoping to be able to fix myself!
It's as easy as replacing the screen like you would in your screen door at home. Get the roller, screen material (I used some suited for dogs), and screen spline and have at it. I replaced mine on my old camper (about 5 years ago) without issue.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:08 PM   #3

That's the problem, it doesn't appear to have spline. It looks to be glued from the factory
Old 08-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #4
Gustafson

Quote:
That's the problem, it doesn't appear to have spline. It looks to be glued from the factory
Do you have a picture? My door was like the one in this video, so if they've changed something, I'm at a loss.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:30 PM   #5

Here are 2 pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2233.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	417.0 KB
ID:	184104   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2232.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	345.4 KB
ID:	184105  
Old 08-23-2018, 01:11 PM   #6

So while obsessing over this I called Forest River who in turn gave me the manufacture name/# to call. The person I spoke to said there is spline, or was in my case and it is very narrow 1/8#..i tried to remove where I think the remaining is on the middle of the door and it is almost adhered to the channel of the door-I will search for some sort of tool to be able to grab and loosen, then I will be on the hunt for this spline! who knew something so simple would be so time consuming!!
Old 08-23-2018, 01:29 PM   #7
Gustafson

Quote:
So while obsessing over this I called Forest River who in turn gave me the manufacture name/# to call. The person I spoke to said there is spline, or was in my case and it is very narrow 1/8#..i tried to remove where I think the remaining is on the middle of the door and it is almost adhered to the channel of the door-I will search for some sort of tool to be able to grab and loosen, then I will be on the hunt for this spline! who knew something so simple would be so time consuming!!
Well I'm glad you got some resolution to your problem!
Old 08-23-2018, 09:24 PM   #8

Before & After
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2232.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	345.4 KB
ID:	184173   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2234.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	184174