Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #1

Smile screen room/add a room?

Can anyone recommend a good screen room or add a room that attaches to the awning. I have a manual awning. Any links

Rich
chiefscamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #2

nice shepherd!

carefree of colorado makes a pretty good awning add-a-room.

Carefree of Colorado - Recreational Vehicle Products

plenty of vendors you can buy from, but they are pricey...
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #3

had the CareFree screen room and the first time i put it up it took me 45 min. after that i could do it in less then 20 min. the only mod that i made was it came with Velcro strips to fasten the skrt so no bugs would come under the trailer. I mounted the Velcro on small strips of sign board and used suction cups to mount to the side of the trailer. worked fine.
tugboat369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
MI Camperz

If you are seasonal, Silvertop makes awesome RV awnings and screen rooms, but very expensive.

http://www.silver-top.com/product_ma...set=3&s=2&cat=.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #5

Silver Top are very nice. But you need a second truck with a utility trailer, a few Friends to travel with you and a day or two to set it up, now the same to take it down. So on a week trip that gives you 2 days of camping. You could all ways book the site for 2 weeks and send your friends ahead to set it up for you then just show up and camp for a week. LOL
tugboat369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #6
MI Camperz

LMAO!!! That would be a sight!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #7

Hello looking at a screen room? I always have had one when I owned my pop-up to the third 5th wheel I own now, I would never be with out one, the first two I owned were a dometic unit which I did prefer, but let me tell you why the material used is much heavier much like the plastic type of coating used on the awning it self, so it was easy to clean and looked great for all the years I owned them ( and traded them in) I own a Colorado carefree presently it is a great screen room but it had to be a light weight piece since my current coach has a power awning. The Colorado unit only (in my option) has one big issue and that is the material used, since it is light weight ( like parachute) it is not easy to clean and some stains will not come out. But the stains are only in the inside so it looks great from outside still. there was a company that did offer a portable hardtop a few years back I do not know if they still are in business but you could search the Internet and try and look for it, as for the silver tops units they are wonderful and will last for many years and almost no maintenance but you need to be permanent you can not travel with that type of awning, and for price you get what you pay for, no they are not cheap but they are the best out there for this type of top. So happy shopping and enjoy your camper
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote