Old 01-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #11
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
If your going to camping in the trees and forested areas and little to no wind get the toppers. If your going to be in tree-less areas and high winds no.....or have them installed but not hooked up to the main wall. I have toppers on my 3 slides, no leafy tree within 500 yards but I live on the water and winds are an issue....the toppers flap horribly and make enough noise to wake the dead. I am dealing with 40 - 60 MPH winds tonight and have the windward slide in due to the flapping...P.I.T.A.

Puff you can make your own deflappers for slide toppers, have seen them here and elsewhere. I made mine from $10 of PVC pipe & glue for the 2 slides on our last camper, will be doing it again for the 3 slides on new camper when it arrives. Only downside is now that I am getting a 5th wheel I will need either a ladder or some sort of installation/removal tool for them.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #12

7' Double-Sided Rung Ladder - GP Logistics SLD-D7 - Ladders - Camping World

Be sure and check the video at the bottom.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:36 PM   #13
Infractee

That is a nice setup right there! Like the folding feature, very unique!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
That is a nice setup right there! Like the folding feature, very unique!
It will fit in the same size tube as a slinky hose and @ only 25 pounds.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #15
Site Team

Had them added to all three RVs and never any wind noise or any other trouble. Would not have a camper without them. I think your dealer may have inadequate service dept and is worried about installation, which isn't that hard either.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #16
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
It will fit in the same size tube as a slinky hose and @ only 25 pounds.

I could not find the weight capacity on the ladder. I am a *wee* bit heavier than the blonde doing the demo....
Old 01-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #17

Quote:
I could not find the weight capacity on the ladder. I am a *wee* bit heavier than the blonde doing the demo....
It is rated @225lb

Safe, stable ladders are designed for compact storage. Sturdy, anti-slip rungs. Strong, lightweight anodized aluminum resists corrosion. Rubberized PVC anti-skid feet hold ladders in place without marring the side of your RV. Two sets of rungs let you climb from either side. Completely assembled. Type II 225 lb. commercial rating; meets or exceeds ANSI and OSHA specifications. - See more at: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping....SwgQpVne.dpuf
Old 01-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #18

If your dealer is telling you that, get a new dealer.. This is likely only the tip of the iceberg in terms of what is wrong with the dealer.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #19
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
It is rated @225lb

Safe, stable ladders are designed for compact storage. Sturdy, anti-slip rungs. Strong, lightweight anodized aluminum resists corrosion. Rubberized PVC anti-skid feet hold ladders in place without marring the side of your RV. Two sets of rungs let you climb from either side. Completely assembled. Type II 225 lb. commercial rating; meets or exceeds ANSI and OSHA specifications. - See more at: 7' Double-Sided Rung Ladder - GP Logistics SLD-D7 - Ladders - Camping World

Hmmmm.... maybe I can get Me Wife to climb the ladder..... Hell, who am I kidding, she gets the nervous shakes standing on a stepstool....
Old 01-13-2014, 10:55 PM   #20

Quote:
Puff you can make your own deflappers for slide toppers, have seen them here and elsewhere. I made mine from $10 of PVC pipe & glue for the 2 slides on our last camper, will be doing it again for the 3 slides on new camper when it arrives. Only downside is now that I am getting a 5th wheel I will need either a ladder or some sort of installation/removal tool for them.

Yes, I have thought about this and others of a tube or ? or ? My only problem is that I get some high winds and the slide needs to come in. If I have all this stuff under the topper on the slide well it would all have to come down first. My my ideal choice.

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, slide