Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 10:07 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,512
Lots of debate on these Titanium-X. Some wouldn't be without them, others would never consider them. Alot depends on how and where you camp like ironj said and how often you camp. If you go out a couple times a year they probably won't pay for themselves. If you camp alot in sunny conditions then yes. We've never had them on the 4 campers w/slide outs we've owned.
__________________

__________________
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
They are worth every penny.
We didn't have them on our first camper, but do now. There are too many advantages to list.
__________________

__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
Denver, CO
 
garbonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,905
Unnecessary frills. The next thing ya know we'll be talking about wireless remote control electric awnings. Really? Will the search for convenience never end.

LOL
__________________
2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic LBZ Duramax/Allison (Stock)
2005 Bigfoot 1500C8.2 AWESOME
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
Unnecessary frills. The next thing ya know we'll be talking about wireless remote control electric awnings. Really? Will the search for convenience never end.

LOL
Slideout awnings are not just a convenience. They serve many practical purposes. Besides keeping detritous off the slide roof, they drastically reduce the chance of water getting past the slides seals in heavy rain, they keep the slide cooler in the blazing sun, and also protect the upper slide seal from the deteriorating effects of full sun exposure.
It seems that the only people who don't recommend slide awnings are those who don't have them. And if you don't have them, can you really provide an informed opinion?
__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fulltimers
Posts: 234
We love our slide toppers! Had them factory installed when we special ordered the RV. Many advantages as previously stated. Last week, we had over 2 inches of wet snow fall overnight. In the AM, I brought all three slides in then put them out again and all that heavy snow fell to the ground before it could freeze in place or damage the toppers from the weight. We've had the toppers flop around a little in high wind but not enough to worry about.
__________________
F-350 Dually
Cedar Creek Silverback
Mazda Miata TOAD for sex appeal
danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #16
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
Slideout awnings are not just a convenience. They serve many practical purposes. Besides keeping detritous off the slide roof, they drastically reduce the chance of water getting past the slides seals in heavy rain, they keep the slide cooler in the blazing sun, and also protect the upper slide seal from the deteriorating effects of full sun exposure.
It seems that the only people who don't recommend slide awnings are those who don't have them. And if you don't have them, can you really provide an informed opinion?
X2 bakken. Well spoken. It amazes me how the folks that have never had them can be that well informed as to list the dis-advantages of them.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
Unnecessary frills. The next thing ya know we'll be talking about wireless remote control electric awnings. Really? Will the search for convenience never end.

LOL
I think their are some people who have that already installed. If I remember right there is a thread already on that. I think it's an add on with a remote. I think of it like a boat you just keep pouring money down the hole, but people love frills. I know I do not need LED lights outside but after reading today's post on them, Damn I want them now. This forum cost me hundreds of $$$$$. But nobody is twisting my arm........
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #18
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I think their are some people who have that already installed. If I remember right there is a thread already on that. I think it's an add on with a remote. I think of it like a boat you just keep pouring money down the hole, but people love frills. I know I do not need LED lights outside but after reading today's post on them, Damn I want them now. This forum cost me hundreds of $$$$$. But nobody is twisting my arm........
Only hundreds of $$$$? You're just saying that to hide the real outlay from somebody. I wonder who????
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,365
I've never had them and never wished I had them, but according to everyone on here they cure baldness, memory loss and umm...geez what was that other thing?? I will give them more thought on my next RV since I can see some advantages.
__________________
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Titanium-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 22
I only have one slide-out so it won't kill me to try one. I'm thinking $500-$700 to let the stealer put one on. It won't be tomorrow, but sometime this season between trips. I camp in both hot open areas and under the cover of trees. I used to climb on the roof of my old camper and sweep off the slide before cranking it in, so I can see some benefits there. If it will keep the slide a little cooler and protect the seals, that would also be a plus.
__________________

__________________

TT: 2010 Flagstaff 27BHSS; TV: 2002 F-250 Lariat Crewcab 4X4, 7.3L Powerstroke, 3.73 LS
2015: 11 total days camped
Huntsville Space Center, AL; William Bankhead National Forest, AL; and Gulf State Park, AL
Titanium-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.