Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2019, 02:15 PM   #1

So Glad I bought New E-Pro with Warranty..NOT!

Brand new E-Pro 19FBS purchased March 2019.
I am constantly finding screws rolling around floor after every trip, but now larger things have started to break.

1. The emergency window. The handle that connects to the window to open it has busted at the connection point on the window. I am told this is not covered under warranty and the entire Window needs to be replaced.

2. Metal bracket on bottom of screen door has busted. Again, this is not covered by warranty and the entire screen door needs to be replaced.

Other items not covered that I have repaired myself.
1. The front panel of couch that connects from frame and goes to floor. Of the total 12 screws, I have had to patch and re-screw 6 of the screws.

2. The 2 drawers under the sink. I have had to patch and re-screw 4 different screws.

What a joke, I will be lucky if this thing is even standing by the end of the summer.
DustinMobley232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
Commercial Member

DustinMobley232,

Thank you for being a part of the Flagstaff family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Flagstaff E-Pro. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Rayna Dimitroff in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...13082147996520.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #3
Retired Panpsychist

Does your window handle look like this one?

This happened on my 23IKSS the first few times I opened the window. The screw that tightens the plastic piece into the bottom edge of the window was over tightened and caused it to break. My dealer covered it under warranty and all I needed to do was bring it in.

If this is the same as your case, you don't need a new window! Otherwise, never mind.

2007 GoldenDoodle ("Cooper") R.I.P.
2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 F-150 4WD XLT SCab, 5.0L, 3.73, 36gal, HD Towing Pkg (53A), 1,980lb Payload
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Does your window handle look like this one?

This happened on my 23IKSS the first few times I opened the window. The screw that tightens the plastic piece into the bottom edge of the window was over tightened and caused it to break. My dealer covered it under warranty and all I needed to do was bring it in.

If this is the same as your case, you don't need a new window! Otherwise, never mind.
I don't see the pic. Can you try attaching again.
Dustin
Old 08-19-2019, 06:37 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinMobley232 View Post
Dustin
Pic shows up for me.
FRF green app on Android.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:38 PM   #6
Retired Panpsychist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinMobley232 View Post
Dustin
It shows up for me, even in your quoted text. I’m using both Safari and Firefox to view.

Here it is again:

2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 F-150 4WD XLT SCab, 5.0L, 3.73, 36gal, HD Towing Pkg (53A), 1,980lb Payload
Old 08-19-2019, 08:22 PM   #7

I see it now. That is exactly what I have. So yours did not need to replace the entire window?
Old 08-20-2019, 07:53 AM   #8
Retired Panpsychist

NO! You DO NOT need to replace the entire window! A new arm/latch thingy will do the trick.

I'm curious from whom you got this information. If it was from a fellow RVer, they obviously were very mistaken and should not be giving advice. If it was information from your dealer...well...that's even worse!

Remember that Forest River has reached out to you about your issues. If you haven't done so already, I would follow-up with them. I would also calmly talk to your dealer as a next step. You should bring in the broken latch (and any pieces) so that they can see: (1) that it is a separate piece from the rest of the window, and (2) the distinct possibility exists that the factory may have tightened the stop-screw too tightly causing the plastic to break upon use.

The infuriating thing is that without this latch functioning properly, the TT cannot be towed as there is a very real possibility that the glass will be damaged by the movement of the trailer on the road. Yes, one can put Gorilla Tape around the perimeter of the window to affix it to the TT, but...well...just NO! I'm still scratching my head about the choice to make the part that slides into the window track out of plastic!

I have been gifted with a VERY customer-oriented dealer; that was one of the reasons I bought from them. In my case, they took the latch off one of their units in inventory and gave it to me (even delivered it to my house!). I assume they ordered a new one for replacement on the inventory unit.

When added-up, all the quality issues you are facing are quite off-putting. However, it helps to prioritize each issue and address them one by one. Granted, your dealer should perform the primary role in achieving your satisfaction so perhaps this is a good opportunity for a sit-down with the Owner or Service Manager to clear the air and work out a plan to regain your trust in the dealer and Forrest River.

In the short time we have owned our TT, I have made several repairs myself without even approaching the dealer. This is because they were easy fixes and I had the materials and (just enough) experience to do the job quickly. It does take some internal compromise with what *should* happen, but that seems easier for me to do after almost seven decades on the planet.

2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 08-20-2019, 04:29 PM   #9

Patience my friend, we too have a E-Pro. We have a 2018 19FD. We also were very disappointed at the quality control on our trailer. We had many things wrong with it including the drawer issues you have. The ones from the factory are a complete joke. In our case the drawer itself was 1/2 inch smaller then the opening in the cabinet. The installer used longer screws to hold the glides in place. I built brand new drawers using the fronts. The rear of the drawer is held in place by three small boards screwed together, they were not square to the front. This may be your issue, if not square there will be constant pressure on the screws and they will eventually work out. We needed to do quite a bit of work in our coach to address all the issues missed by the manufacturer. However, now that all the issues have been addressed we have a trailer we really like. As I said at the beginning of my note, patience is required to get all the things fixed and then you can enjoy the trailer. However, we do not travel with our trailer without tools. We find it hard to trust that some other new thing might pop up. It hasn't and we have just returned from a 9,000 km trip beyond the Arctic circle and back.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #10

I have sent my dealer pictures of what is broke and called and they have said.
1. The Entire window and frame has to be replaced.
2. Now, with the door, I just cant get the screen door, I have to have the entire door replaced.

I'm going to call a few different dealers and see if I can get some different responses.
This blows my mind.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeebill View Post
Patience my friend, we too have a E-Pro. We have a 2018 19FD. We also were very disappointed at the quality control on our trailer. We had many things wrong with it including the drawer issues you have. The ones from the factory are a complete joke. In our case the drawer itself was 1/2 inch smaller then the opening in the cabinet. The installer used longer screws to hold the glides in place. I built brand new drawers using the fronts. The rear of the drawer is held in place by three small boards screwed together, they were not square to the front. This may be your issue, if not square there will be constant pressure on the screws and they will eventually work out. We needed to do quite a bit of work in our coach to address all the issues missed by the manufacturer. However, now that all the issues have been addressed we have a trailer we really like. As I said at the beginning of my note, patience is required to get all the things fixed and then you can enjoy the trailer. However, we do not travel with our trailer without tools. We find it hard to trust that some other new thing might pop up. It hasn't and we have just returned from a 9,000 km trip beyond the Arctic circle and back.
At this time, we have listed ours for sale!
Old 08-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #12

Quote:
NO! You DO NOT need to replace the entire window! A new arm/latch thingy will do the trick.

I'm curious from whom you got this information. If it was from a fellow RVer, they obviously were very mistaken and should not be giving advice. If it was information from your dealer...well...that's even worse!

Remember that Forest River has reached out to you about your issues. If you haven't done so already, I would follow-up with them. I would also calmly talk to your dealer as a next step. You should bring in the broken latch (and any pieces) so that they can see: (1) that it is a separate piece from the rest of the window, and (2) the distinct possibility exists that the factory may have tightened the stop-screw too tightly causing the plastic to break upon use.

The infuriating thing is that without this latch functioning properly, the TT cannot be towed as there is a very real possibility that the glass will be damaged by the movement of the trailer on the road. Yes, one can put Gorilla Tape around the perimeter of the window to affix it to the TT, but...well...just NO! I'm still scratching my head about the choice to make the part that slides into the window track out of plastic!

I have been gifted with a VERY customer-oriented dealer; that was one of the reasons I bought from them. In my case, they took the latch off one of their units in inventory and gave it to me (even delivered it to my house!). I assume they ordered a new one for replacement on the inventory unit.

When added-up, all the quality issues you are facing are quite off-putting. However, it helps to prioritize each issue and address them one by one. Granted, your dealer should perform the primary role in achieving your satisfaction so perhaps this is a good opportunity for a sit-down with the Owner or Service Manager to clear the air and work out a plan to regain your trust in the dealer and Forrest River.

In the short time we have owned our TT, I have made several repairs myself without even approaching the dealer. This is because they were easy fixes and I had the materials and (just enough) experience to do the job quickly. It does take some internal compromise with what *should* happen, but that seems easier for me to do after almost seven decades on the planet.
Would you be willing to pass along your dealer contact info and part number. Maybe I can contact them and have them ship me the part since my dealer is saying I need a brand new window and frame.

Thanks;
Dustin
Old 08-23-2019, 01:33 PM   #13
Retired Panpsychist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_FR View Post
DustinMobley232,

Thank you for being a part of the Flagstaff family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Flagstaff E-Pro. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Rayna Dimitroff in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...13082147996520.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
Dustin,

What was the outcome when you contacted Rayna Dimitroff at Forest River? This is where you should be focusing your efforts, I believe.

2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 08-23-2019, 01:56 PM   #14

Dustin, I did a quick check on line and found what I think is what you need for your window. Amazon listed a product from AP products for about 12 bucks. Not sure if this is what you need but the site had a lot of different arms. This should not require a new window. In fact I would recommend you install yourself so you know it is done right. Hope Forest River steps up for you, they have for me in the past.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:15 PM   #15
Retired Panpsychist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeebill View Post
{snip}... found what I think is what you need for your window. Amazon listed a product from AP products for about 12 bucks. ...{snip}
https://www.amazon.com/AP-Products-0...sr=1-1-catcorr

You can contact them at:

AP Products
200 Jay Street
Coldwater, MI 49036
USA

2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 08-23-2019, 02:31 PM   #16

Quote:
It shows up for me, even in your quoted text. I’m using both Safari and Firefox to view.

Here it is again:
No pic for me either. last this I see is "Here it is again".
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:48 PM   #17
Retired Panpsychist

cavie -

Can you see this?

How about this?

Working on the assumption that the original photo was a (.jpg) format and the new one is a (.png) format. Shouldn't make a difference to the forum's standards though. What browser are you using?

2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 08-23-2019, 05:25 PM   #18

Ah, including a link. Well done Theo, that was exactly what I was referring too. Your note was way more helpful then mine. However, hope that helps Dustin.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:51 PM   #19
Retired Panpsychist

We’re all in it together to help each other!

2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 08-24-2019, 03:56 AM   #20

Quote:
cavie -

Can you see this?

How about this?

Working on the assumption that the original photo was a (.jpg) format and the new one is a (.png) format. Shouldn't make a difference to the forum's standards though. What browser are you using?
yep, got it. windows 10 chrome.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty