Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2016, 10:34 PM   #1

Soft Floor

I have a sliding glass door on my park model. Right inside the door, the floor is getting very soft.

I have looked everywhere and cannot see any water getting in. The caulking is good all around the door and on top of the door..

Has anyone ever taken out a sliding glass door? I am thinking I need to take it out and reseal.

I also need to repair the floor.. any advice will really be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2016, 11:05 PM   #2
Oklahoma Proud

May just be from condensation from the door getting on the floor.
The door should be pretty straight forward. Depending on the model and all, but probably just remove the screws, and cut the caulk around the outside with a box knife. A warm day would probably make it all easier as there is probably a butyl tape seal around the frame.
As for the floor, go past the rotted area a ways and I'd section in a piece of wood with either metal or wood, screwed under the edges of the cut out area to support the new piece of wood and to screw it down to as well. Id then try to fill in the gaps with either your linoleum glue or liquid nails, caulk or something similar on top and bottom of floor. I'd also undercoat the bottom or paint it to help protect it.
Good luck!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:08 PM   #3

Check roof over the door frame, sounds as though water channeling inside wall.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:13 AM   #4

Thanks guys! As for the roof above the door.. I have checked the roof and it is fine.. the gutter joins together right above the door and it used to leak and water would get into the track by wicking under the stationary door..I think that is corrected now.

I like the idea of cutting out what is damaged of the floor and piecing in new and supporting it with boards attached to the existing floor..kinda like a horizontal drywall repair! Lol...

Thanks again...