Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2017, 12:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgan View Post
The 15' solera awning will extend with no problems but will not retract without having some one help roll awning while holding the retract switch.
Any one else have this issue with Solera Awnings

I'm still having exact same issue with mine. Have to start and stop on retract and push on the arms. It can't be a connection issue as there is definitely power to the motor. I've tried to shift the awning on the roller but it doesn't budge (thinking it's off center slightly). No time for dealer anytime soon so will have to deal with it unless I can figure this out.

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
Solera 16' awning
jgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:47 PM   #22

I've discovered if I roll it in the wrong way, bottom side out, it does just fine. This uses the roll out direction of the motor. So it appears it is the reverse direction of the motor is the problem.
Sprinter2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #23

Turned out it was a bad motor that was replaced under extended warranty. Haven't tested it yet so hopefully it's all good come spring time.
jgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:04 PM   #24

Should be fine, at least for a while. Solera comped me a new motor and that solved the problem. It was end of season for us so only tested after installation. I just hope the new one lasts longer than the original. Perhaps a production issue that has since been resolved.
Sprinter2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:49 PM   #25

2018 Solera Electric Adjustable Pitch Awning

Hi, Newbie here.
My new awning doesn't retract completely in the rear. I noticed a set screw at the top edge of the roller arm can that be the adjustment to move the arm over to complete the retraction?
Woody51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #26
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody51 View Post
Hi, Newbie here.
My new awning doesn't retract completely in the rear. I noticed a set screw at the top edge of the roller arm can that be the adjustment to move the arm over to complete the retraction?
Extend the awning and center the material on the roller. Will take a little effort and may take two people to do it. Once you get it centered, pop rivet it in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pop Rivet in Awning.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	165444  
Old 04-14-2018, 11:39 AM   #27

Manual Overide?

On our shakedown with our new Forester 3051S. It has the Solera Smart Arm awning. Extended for the first time, no issue. Now the awning won't retract. Motor runs without issue. Tried the manual overide using a 7/16" socket and that doesn't work either. CW hasn't called back yet either. Wind has picked up...any idea what to try next?
Culvermerc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:40 AM   #28

Fixed...for now

I went ahead and took the case off of the gear/Motor assembly to see what, if anything, was going on. All looked good and in line. Then I noticed the head of the set bolt from motor spindle to awning tube was at an angle. Yep, that little bolt sheared. Took a self tapping screw and lined up the holes and drilled it in. Now the awning retracted without issue. Not sure what CW is going to do now about the wattanty...
Culvermerc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, solera