Old 06-18-2015, 08:01 AM   #1
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Stained glass

Want to change entry door window glass to stained glass type... anybody found any that are already made....or, who makes 'em?

Old 06-18-2015, 08:33 AM   #2

Real (Leaded Stained Glass) would be a (Bad Deal) in a RV door. Fake stained glass can be installed by any Glass Shop! Youroo!!

Old 06-18-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
Left Coast

Vibrations? Do my own install.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:09 AM   #4

seen it done once. i had to change the bezel on the entry door window. thought it was caulked in place. i was very young. laid door flat and watched it drop slow motion to the concrete and quietly shatter. got a student at the college to make another one. maybe plexiglass in front to seal? then shim inside bezel for different in glass thickness?..it did look awesome. american clipper motorhome with a stained glass american clipper ship in the door...
Old 07-05-2015, 01:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Want to change entry door window glass to stained glass type... anybody found any that are already made....or, who makes 'em?
Hi Sterling Enterprises Stained glass entry door windows will be at the Goshen Frog rally

Hope this helps Tim
Old 07-06-2015, 06:57 PM   #6
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimVWulp View Post
Hi Sterling Enterprises Stained glass entry door windows will be at the Goshen Frog rally

Hope this helps Tim
Kinda wish I was going....now!
Old 07-06-2015, 07:16 PM   #7
Cyber Phrenologist

I originally planned to use automotive type window tint film, but found it expensive and boring, with various uninteresting shades of black, grey and brown it would indeed keep heat and light out. And make the trailer seem like a portable dungeon.

So I looked at Home Depot and found this:

Artscape 24 in. x 36 in. Magnolia Decorative Window Film-01-0113 - The Home Depot

Cost $21 and will cover more than one RV door window (at least 2, maybe 3) and comes in several interesting patterns.

Install is a typical wet the film and glass with soapy water type install.

However, the inside part of the door glass has a textured finish to it and the film will not work well if at all on the textured glass. The outside is smooth. Therefore the glass must be turned around.

You'll need some sealant to seal up the window again and a razor blade to scrape all the old seal off the glass and frame. I recommend against the use of an electric screwdriver as the plastic frame seemed easy to strip out. Also recommend a helper since the 2 frame halves AND THE GLASS will fall right out once the last screw is removed. Extra hands will help especially during reassembly. Apply the window film per manufactures instructions while you have the glass out of the frame for the best looking results.

No, it ain't real, but it ain't real expensive, either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0058.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	477.3 KB
ID:	82218  
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #8
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I originally planned to use automotive type window tint film, but found it expensive and boring, with various uninteresting shades of black, grey and brown it would indeed keep heat and light out. And make the trailer seem like a portable dungeon.

So I looked at Home Depot and found this:

Artscape 24 in. x 36 in. Magnolia Decorative Window Film-01-0113 - The Home Depot

Cost $21 and will cover more than one RV door window (at least 2, maybe 3) and comes in several interesting patterns.

Install is a typical wet the film and glass with soapy water type install.

However, the inside part of the door glass has a textured finish to it and the film will not work well if at all on the textured glass. The outside is smooth. Therefore the glass must be turned around.

You'll need some sealant to seal up the window again and a razor blade to scrape all the old seal off the glass and frame. I recommend against the use of an electric screwdriver as the plastic frame seemed easy to strip out. Also recommend a helper since the 2 frame halves AND THE GLASS will fall right out once the last screw is removed. Extra hands will help especially during reassembly. Apply the window film per manufactures instructions while you have the glass out of the frame for the best looking results.

No, it ain't real, but it ain't real expensive, either.
Thanks...I've read your post from before. The reason I'm exploring this is the other day I was having the tv's air re-charged and a guy with a m/h was there for the same thing. He had a stained window and said he'd got his in Quartside,Ar......Looked good.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:31 PM   #9
Cyber Phrenologist

And we have the same, or nearly the same, trailer.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #10
Left Coast

I know that.....