Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2015, 08:01 AM   #1
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Stained glass

Want to change entry door window glass to stained glass type... anybody found any that are already made....or, who makes 'em?
__________________

__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:33 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,005
Real (Leaded Stained Glass) would be a (Bad Deal) in a RV door. Fake stained glass can be installed by any Glass Shop! Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Vibrations? Do my own install.
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:09 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Crockett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 833
seen it done once. i had to change the bezel on the entry door window. thought it was caulked in place. i was very young. laid door flat and watched it drop slow motion to the concrete and quietly shatter. got a student at the college to make another one. maybe plexiglass in front to seal? then shim inside bezel for different in glass thickness?..it did look awesome. american clipper motorhome with a stained glass american clipper ship in the door...
__________________
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:52 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Want to change entry door window glass to stained glass type... anybody found any that are already made....or, who makes 'em?
Hi Sterling Enterprises Stained glass entry door windows will be at the Goshen Frog rally

Hope this helps Tim
__________________
TimVWulp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:57 PM   #6
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimVWulp View Post
Hi Sterling Enterprises Stained glass entry door windows will be at the Goshen Frog rally

Hope this helps Tim
Kinda wish I was going....now!
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:16 PM   #7
Cyber Phrenologist
 
Radio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fayetteville, GA
Posts: 1,699
I originally planned to use automotive type window tint film, but found it expensive and boring, with various uninteresting shades of black, grey and brown it would indeed keep heat and light out. And make the trailer seem like a portable dungeon.

So I looked at Home Depot and found this:

Artscape 24 in. x 36 in. Magnolia Decorative Window Film-01-0113 - The Home Depot

Cost $21 and will cover more than one RV door window (at least 2, maybe 3) and comes in several interesting patterns.

Install is a typical wet the film and glass with soapy water type install.

However, the inside part of the door glass has a textured finish to it and the film will not work well if at all on the textured glass. The outside is smooth. Therefore the glass must be turned around.

You'll need some sealant to seal up the window again and a razor blade to scrape all the old seal off the glass and frame. I recommend against the use of an electric screwdriver as the plastic frame seemed easy to strip out. Also recommend a helper since the 2 frame halves AND THE GLASS will fall right out once the last screw is removed. Extra hands will help especially during reassembly. Apply the window film per manufactures instructions while you have the glass out of the frame for the best looking results.

No, it ain't real, but it ain't real expensive, either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0058.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	477.3 KB
ID:	82218  
__________________
KU4OJ
Admin at www.openroadsradio.net, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #8
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I originally planned to use automotive type window tint film, but found it expensive and boring, with various uninteresting shades of black, grey and brown it would indeed keep heat and light out. And make the trailer seem like a portable dungeon.

So I looked at Home Depot and found this:

Artscape 24 in. x 36 in. Magnolia Decorative Window Film-01-0113 - The Home Depot

Cost $21 and will cover more than one RV door window (at least 2, maybe 3) and comes in several interesting patterns.

Install is a typical wet the film and glass with soapy water type install.

However, the inside part of the door glass has a textured finish to it and the film will not work well if at all on the textured glass. The outside is smooth. Therefore the glass must be turned around.

You'll need some sealant to seal up the window again and a razor blade to scrape all the old seal off the glass and frame. I recommend against the use of an electric screwdriver as the plastic frame seemed easy to strip out. Also recommend a helper since the 2 frame halves AND THE GLASS will fall right out once the last screw is removed. Extra hands will help especially during reassembly. Apply the window film per manufactures instructions while you have the glass out of the frame for the best looking results.

No, it ain't real, but it ain't real expensive, either.
Thanks...I've read your post from before. The reason I'm exploring this is the other day I was having the tv's air re-charged and a guy with a m/h was there for the same thing. He had a stained window and said he'd got his in Quartside,Ar......Looked good.
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:31 PM   #9
Cyber Phrenologist
 
Radio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fayetteville, GA
Posts: 1,699
And we have the same, or nearly the same, trailer.
__________________
Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #10
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
I know that.....
__________________

__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.