Old 09-08-2018, 02:17 PM   #1

Tweaked outside compartment door

I tweaked and outside compartment door by hitting the lead edge of the hinge on a steel post. The door does not close right without force. It is offset away from the hinge and just hits the frame when closing. I can press it down to close the door but it has no gap at the top and a big gap down by the hinge. I have played with it but cannot seem to get the door centered in the frame opening. Is there a trick to adjusting the door?

The door is a Challenger 800 Series door, 24" x 11", BH,EC40Vetro. Alternately, does anyone know where to get a new/used one. I tried on the internet and struck out. They do not seem to make it anymore.

TSman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:27 PM   #2

Not sure what kind of RV you have but I had to get a new basement door and frame when our trailer was 1 year old. Someone tried to break in. We got it from the dealer. Make sure the frame is not tweaked. A nice straight new door may not seal if the corresponding frame is not straight.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:37 PM   #3

Hit it on the pole going the opposite direction ��
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Turf View Post
Not sure what kind of RV you have but I had to get a new basement door and frame when our trailer was 1 year old. Someone tried to break in. We got it from the dealer. Make sure the frame is not tweaked. A nice straight new door may not seal if the corresponding frame is not straight.
Thanks for replying. It is a Sunseeker 2500TS. I was actually looking for a new door and frame.
TSman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door