Old 09-07-2015, 12:45 PM   #11
Well darn, already used wd40 and was bout to post result. It worked, sprayed key, insert key abit sprayed bit in, jiggled key some and it went in and i was able to turn and lock. Tks for all the advice and help. Will keep watch on lock for gunk buildup

stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #12
Originally Posted by stormy2000 View Post
we have a silverback 31RK and our key is unable to lock the basement door. we opened it and was re-arranging some items and when we went to lock the door it doesn't work. we can lock/unlock the other basement door on the opposite side of the 31RK.

there are about 6 varying size screws on the other side of the door which we cannot lock. Is this something where I can remove the screws and see if there is something stuck in the lock? or how would I get another door handle?

thanks in advance.

I have a 2016 29re and had the same problem during PDI. Dealer made a new key

offduty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:33 PM   #13
Ether based cleaner now or alcohol based to get the WD out before it gets guk and dirt in it. Then put aa good lock lub in the lock. I have a spray can of lock lube that is not your classic messy graphite and routinely lube the locks around RV and the house every year or so.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:52 AM   #14
Ok tks for info

stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote