Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2014, 07:09 AM   #1
Papi

Valances - How to remove?

Okay. I have joined the multitude of CC owners who have experienced their first day/night blind cord break. I have read/seen how to restring but my immediate concern is how to properly remove the valances from the windows. Before I start tugging somewhere I shouldn't and have a mess on my hands could someone enlighten me on how they are to be removed? Thanks! Oh yes...it's a year and a half old and I'd rather restring myself than have the RV sitting in a repair lot for a month or try to have the extended warranty folks understand I'd rather do it myself.
now in same place.
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:17 AM   #2
Mod free 5er

They are held in place with screws to the bottom of cupboards and to the walls with angle brackets. Usually 2 or 4 square head screws. Very easy to remove.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:11 AM   #3
Papi

I'm assuming that the valances hung below slide out ceiling are screwed into ceiling...right? That's where the broken one is and I'll be danged if I can feel any screw heads up under the valance going into the ceiling. Hint? Thanks.
now in same place.
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:15 AM   #4

Had one break last week...only a couple of screws hold it up. Sometimes the screws are buried in the fabric. Took mine off.....found a blind/drapery shop in town....he picked it and brought it back in the afternoon. 25 bucks and it was done.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #5

Anyone know what type of string is used by these and where you get it? I would like to pick up some for when mine break. I can see the thread wearing thin pretty quickly.

Thanks.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
Anyone know what type of string is used by these and where you get it? I would like to pick up some for when mine break. I can see the thread wearing thin pretty quickly.

Thanks.
You can buy it online but I got mine from the fabric dept of a local craft store. They sell it by the yard.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #7
Alleged curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papicamper View Post
I'm assuming that the valances hung below slide out ceiling are screwed into ceiling...right? That's where the broken one is and I'll be danged if I can feel any screw heads up under the valance going into the ceiling. Hint? Thanks.
In my Windjammer, the valances over the slideout windows were screwed into the slide ceiling. The spacing and number of the screws varied, making it a bit of a search and recover mission to remove them. As someone else said, the screws are likely buried in the fabric a bit.
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35); 2017 (34); 2018 (39); 2019 (30); 2020 (16); 2021 (14); 2022 to date (12)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:12 PM   #8

I've wondered many times if Mongo set the tension for the strings.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote