Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #1

vcross classic awning

Hey Folks,
New guy on block. New trailer.
Trying to extend awning for first time. No manual on LCI awning with package that came with trailer.

Pressed extend switch and nothing happened. Probably some lock device holding awning.

Help.

Vic
vicsvcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #2

Did you test to see if you have power to the switch and awning motor?
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #3
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsvcross View Post
Hey Folks,

New guy on block. New trailer.

Trying to extend awning for first time. No manual on LCI awning with package that came with trailer.

Pressed extend switch and nothing happened. Probably some lock device holding awning.

Help.

Vic

There is no lock that I am aware of. If there is no movement or click, get a multimeter and go to the front arm of the awning and find where the wire connects (I'd have to look at mine to see for sure) and try to check voltage there. Maybe check at the fuse box for that circuit if it is labelled, and even at the switch, if you can pop it out without damaging the panel. Sounds to me like something did not get connected. Did it work at your PDI?
Old 02-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #4

Awning

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
There is no lock that I am aware of. If there is no movement or click, get a multimeter and go to the front arm of the awning and find where the wire connects (I'd have to look at mine to see for sure) and try to check voltage there. Maybe check at the fuse box for that circuit if it is labelled, and even at the switch, if you can pop it out without damaging the panel. Sounds to me like something did not get connected. Did it work at your PDI?
thanks for response.. Awning did work at PDI.
Checked fuze in box looks ok. Will check to see if electricity getting to switch.

Thanks again.

Vic
Old 02-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #5

Are you sure it's not an A&E Dometic awning? Typically there is a fuse (15A) directly off the battery for the awning. Maybe a wire came off the switch during transport.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #6

vic's Awning

Hey Guys,

Problem solved. Was trying to use the extend retract switch outside the front door. That switch works rear leg extensions.

Once realized found switch inside front door. Works fine. Dumb mistake by a rookie. Dosn't help that there was no operating instructions for awning with documents in trailer.

Thanks for the help.

Vic
Old 02-22-2014, 09:24 AM   #7

Don't let it bother you Vic, we have all had a few of those moments. Glad you figured it out.
2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsvcross View Post
Hey Guys,

Problem solved. Was trying to use the extend retract switch outside the front door. That switch works rear leg extensions.

Once realized found switch inside front door. Works fine. Dumb mistake by a rookie. Dosn't help that there was no operating instructions for awning with documents in trailer.

Thanks for the help.

Vic
PDI information overload?

Gotta take notes and make them repeat what you did not understand, you are after all paying for it.

Tags
awning