Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2015, 10:54 AM   #1
Mod free 5er

Venetian blinds vs Day-Night Observation

Just got home from 3 months in FL and we are sure happy that we changed all the Day-Night shades for venetian blinds. So much easier to use and they will let air flow when the windows are open.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #2

Did you need to have them pulled up when travelling so they didn't move around? Or are the cords attatched at the bottom like the day/night shades?
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:48 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Did you need to have them pulled up when travelling so they didn't move around? Or are the cords attatched at the bottom like the day/night shades?
We have the bottoms anchored on the lower slat pivots and never or rarely unhook them. I set the bottom pivot anchors out so they can be turned without hitting anything on the windows like the frame or screw heads.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:26 PM   #4

We certainly love ours. We ran a cord through the bottom rail and attached drape cleats to wall to wrap cord around. They stay tight while traveling and easy to unhook when we want to raise them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

108 days camped 2013
74 days camped 2014 so far
iluvlcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:42 PM   #5

The Day Night venetian blinds my wife hates in our old Cougar. They tend to let little light beams in the camper especially in the bed room at night. My DW would hang black felt over the windows at night to prevent the little light beams from entering. The grand kids called the bedroom the BAT Cave. For the air vent in the roof of our sold Cougar; she would place a vent cushion in the roof opening and had me install a vent shade which was closed also.

She insisted on the Day Night Shade this time around in the Cedar Creek we just bought. I just hope these prevent the light from coming in during the night into the bedroom.

Jim W.