Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2015, 12:20 AM   #1

Vibe 6504 - Steps - - width & mounting?

Hi all,

I need some dimensions and maybe a pic (or at least a description)...
My trailer is parked 30mins away, we're going out-of-town for a few days tomorrow morning (in the opposite direction, of course), and I just came across a great (for us ) price for some 'little-kid-safe' double or triple steps. I need to order now-ish to ensure they arrive in my USA 'drop box' when I go camping, in NY at the end of the month.

Is there any chance a Vibe 65xx owner could measure the width of the step and describe how the step is mounted to the trailer? (side/front on and underside mounting pics would be super-awesome)
I'm assuming it's 20" and flat mounted screwed into the floor, with the back resting on the frame rail. I don't expect it to be too complicated.
If it's 20" and you figure a 24" would fit then let me know. That would give them some more 'door swing' stand aside space.

Thanks a lot eh!
2014 Forest River Vibe 6504 (4400# Lippert axle, AxleTek-10-GG self-adjust? drum brakes, Michelin LTX M/S2 P235/75R15-XL-108T) <> 2009 Grand Caravan SXT (4.0L/6spd-62TE), Factory Tow Package, Can-Am RV 'reinforced' OEM ClassIII & 7pin, Michelin Premier A/S 225/65R16-100H) <> Hensley Cub Arrow <> Tekonsha P3 brake controller <> McKesh Mirrors with 8" Convex
Sponge1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:15 PM   #2

Bummer...
I've went to the trailer today and took some measurements...
The original step is 24" wide and ~8" deep, up against the frame rail.
Unfortunately, any double/triple steps I see have a depth of ~12"...and there's no excess to cut out of the back. A 4" stick out is just too much.
There might be some heavy modding option on a new step but I can't swing $150 to 'maybe' make it work.
I'll try and post some pics for any future reference...

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2014 Forest River Vibe 6504 (4400# Lippert axle, AxleTek-10-GG self-adjust? drum brakes, Michelin LTX M/S2 P235/75R15-XL-108T) <> 2009 Grand Caravan SXT (4.0L/6spd-62TE), Factory Tow Package, Can-Am RV 'reinforced' OEM ClassIII & 7pin, Michelin Premier A/S 225/65R16-100H) <> Hensley Cub Arrow <> Tekonsha P3 brake controller <> McKesh Mirrors with 8" Convex
Sponge1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steps, vibe