Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2018, 09:39 AM   #1

Where can I find a Luggage/Storage Door Replacement

Hello everyone,

New to the forum, just purchased a 2019 Alpha Wolf 26DBH-L. On the first trip out, while retracting the slide, one of the luggage doors was open and got caught in-between the slide when retracting. It's bent up and the entire outer frame and/or door will need to be replaced. Any idea where I can get this assembly?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2110.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	190710   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2111 copy.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	385.1 KB
ID:	190711  
Alpha999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #2

When I had to replace one on an old SOB trailer several years ago, I went to my dealer with the VIN for my trailer and they ordered it from the RV manufacturer. It took about two weeks to get. The shipping cost was more than the door, itself.

Bruce
Old 11-05-2018, 03:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
When I had to replace one on an old SOB trailer several years ago, I went to my dealer with the VIN for my trailer and they ordered it from the RV manufacturer. It took about two weeks to get. The shipping cost was more than the door, itself.

Bruce
Thanks Bruce
Old 11-06-2018, 10:33 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Alpha999,

First, thank you for joining the Cherokee family with your recent purchase. As nomad297 suggested, we would be happy to assist you with your Alpha Wolf's door. Please contact Mikala Yoder in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_FR View Post
Alpha999,

First, thank you for joining the Cherokee family with your recent purchase. As nomad297 suggested, we would be happy to assist you with your Alpha Wolf's door. Please contact Mikala Yoder in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
Thank you, I have contacted Mikala.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:35 PM   #6

Where can I find a Luggage/Storage Door Replacement

Maybe covered under insurance. Check there first.
You can contact the manufacture.

Contact
Tiffany Jeffries
Challenger Door, LLC
Parts Sales Coordinator
(574) 773-8106
tjeffries@challengerdoor.com

She will refer you to the door people at Challenger. They will supply a quote for a replacement door. Just need your challenger number, which you have.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Maybe covered under insurance. Check there first.
You can contact the manufacture.

Contact
Tiffany Jeffries
Challenger Door, LLC
Parts Sales Coordinator
(574) 773-8106
tjeffries@challengerdoor.com

She will refer you to the door people at Challenger. They will supply a quote for a replacement door. Just need your challenger number, which you have.
Thanks much, Garrette. I will contact them.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:32 PM   #8

just did something similar on mine only it was the bid door under the fifth wheel overhang, I had the trailer up to high and went over the hitch, tailgate hit the door.

I went to a RV guy by my office and have him that tag information along with the VIN, he contacted FR and they sent an exact match. you could also try Lippert but don't know if they sell direct. Took a couple of weeks but it was an exact match. BUT it won't have the graphics on it. If the door itself is OK (just frame damage) you can probably replace the "guts" from one to the other. The door frame comes apart by drilling out some rivets, etc. I had my damaged one completely apart and massaged it enough to function until I got the replacement. Expensive lesson though, shipping to CA was 150.00, all in it was 650.00+
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:50 PM   #9

Alpha999, Has there been a favorable resolution to your problem? Let us know.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:25 PM   #10

Alpha 999,

I did the exact same thing on my first trip recently with my 2019 Alpha...dealer worked with me on it to contact FR as the FR rep wouldnt work with me on a resolution. Had to ship it from IN to KC to STL...shipping ended up costing as much as the door and frame itself. Should have it in hand by the end of the week to install. Almost a $200 dollar mistake that I wont be making again...
PhilM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, door, replacement