Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #1

Window Tinting

I am thinking about doing some window tinting in my Flagstaff fiver. Has anyone done this and how has it turned out.. Any pics?
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
J. Parham

I tried and didn't have the patience. I truly believe applying film is an art. Went to local tinting place and received a quote at $465.00. I think I am going to go that route in the fall when their business has slowed down.
Nights Camped in 2012: 85
snjparham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

I was just about to head out to the home store this week to buy window film! My windows are supposedly tinted from the factory, but I am not happy with the light tinting. I will buy enough to do the sofa slide (picture window) and see how it turns out.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #4

I've successfully tinted my windows ( at least I think so! ). Well, let me rephrase that, I had my windows tinted for me successfully. Paid $200 cash and I am happy! I have tinted car windows previously, wasn't worth the hassle for the few dollars I would have saved doing it myself. Besides, the people that do it for a living make it look real good! Just a note, my windows had no tint before I started...

happy camping,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2376.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	6796   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2379.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	6797  
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #5

It's pretty easy to do on flat pane windows like are in the trailers, Home Depot and Lowes carries everything you need, it's not expensive
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineysideup View Post
I've successfully tinted my windows ( at least I think so! ). Well, let me rephrase that, I had my windows tinted for me successfully. Paid $200 cash and I am happy! I have tinted car windows previously, wasn't worth the hassle for the few dollars I would have saved doing it myself. Besides, the people that do it for a living make it look real good! Just a note, my windows had no tint before I started...
Since we moved into our 30' Rockwood (yes, living in it now) a week ago, we've decided that here in Texas we need to have our windows tinted. Was considering doing it ourselves, but recalling what a pain it was to do a few windows in the former house, I might consider having it done professionally.

Is your tint a mirror/polarized sheet? I presume it is applied on the interior side? How much of a difference has this made to cool the interior (and reduce AC use)? Does this tint reduce views from inside?
TexasCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote