Old 07-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #11

Thanks for the wire colors. I am making a move tomorrow to the camp ground where I keep a permanent site. I will continue my troubleshooting tomorrow. Hopefully I can reply with some good results
thanks again

Mark

Old 07-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #12

So after getting under the living/dinette slide there were a group of wires in a wire harness on the rear side of the slide. the harness had a blue, a red and two whites wires. This was bad since the light fixtures have black/white and white wires feeding the lights. looking at the slide i do not even see why there is wiring here, what does it feed. i did not have time to jump the ground wire to a better ground, nor did I have any test wire to run a hot and grd just to see the lights work. i think the next move is to stay on FR to get a complete wiring schematic of my 2004 29 BHS.

any more suggestions

thanks again
Mark

Old 07-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSDragon View Post
So after getting under the living/dinette slide there were a group of wires in a wire harness on the rear side of the slide. the harness had a blue, a red and two whites wires. This was bad since the light fixtures have black/white and white wires feeding the lights. looking at the slide i do not even see why there is wiring here, what does it feed. i did not have time to jump the ground wire to a better ground, nor did I have any test wire to run a hot and grd just to see the lights work. i think the next move is to stay on FR to get a complete wiring schematic of my 2004 29 BHS.

any more suggestions

thanks again
Mark

Mark, good luck getting a schematic. Most comments I've read on the forum state that each trailer can be wired slightly different based on the technician doing the wiring. Most haven't had luck getting schematics from FR.
The wiring under my slide out fed DC power from the converter to two overhead lights in my slide out room.
Good luck.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #14

Yea sound right, thank you for your replys.
Did you have other wires in the harness/ was you harness on the rear going into the outer wall?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSDragon View Post
Yea sound right, thank you for your replys.
Did you have other wires in the harness/ was you harness on the rear going into the outer wall?
My wire bundle fed through the center of the slide out track, ran along the outside wall of the slide out, up the center of the slide out wall then spliced out to each light. My bundle only had three wires, black, white, green. The green was not connected to anything.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #16

your makes sense, i won't quite until I fix it. we leave the camper on a permenant site at a camp ground here in Louisiana. i will get on it the next time we go.

keep you posted

later
mark

Tags
12 Volt