Old 05-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #1

2 of 3 slide outs will not extend

Hello, at the end of last season we purchased a 2001 Coahmen Royal Delux 385. So other than having it moved to our site we did nothing but have it winterized. We very excitedly travelled up to our campground this year only to discover my large slide out and bedroom slide out will not extend (both are on the backside of our fifth wheel). The front slide out works fine. We attempted to try and manually crank out the large slide, but there was a lot of resistance, so rather than tempting faith we gave up. Any words of wisdom to what we may be doing wrong, either electrically or manually would be greatly appreciated. We bought a new battery with 800 cold cranking amps, flicked the switch to the middle which is what we believe is the manual override position and checked the fuses in our fuse box (located in our trailer). Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stooey View Post
Hello, at the end of last season we purchased a 2001 Coahmen Royal Delux 385. So other than having it moved to our site we did nothing but have it winterized. We very excitedly travelled up to our campground this year only to discover my large slide out and bedroom slide out will not extend (both are on the backside of our fifth wheel). The front slide out works fine. We attempted to try and manually crank out the large slide, but there was a lot of resistance, so rather than tempting faith we gave up. Any words of wisdom to what we may be doing wrong, either electrically or manually would be greatly appreciated. We bought a new battery with 800 cold cranking amps, flicked the switch to the middle which is what we believe is the manual override position and checked the fuses in our fuse box (located in our trailer). Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
some of the older slides have lock bars on top that people put in place so they won't come out down the road . maybe this is it . not sure of the controls in your unit . electric ? is there locks on them? does each slide have it's own switch ?pictures, fuses checked , etc

Old 05-16-2016, 07:55 PM   #3

i wasn't able to see any locking mechanisms on the back slideouts, this is what my switches look like. Sorry for the large pic. Each slide does have it's own switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	450.8 KB
ID:	108075  
Old 05-16-2016, 08:25 PM   #4

Quote:
i wasn't able to see any locking mechanisms on the back slideouts, this is what my switches look like. Sorry for the large pic. Each slide does have it's own switch.
No pictures but have you checked your fuses ? are they electric slides ? hydraulic ? more info is needed to try and trouble shoot . is the unit plugged in to shore power sometimes a battery is not enough
Old 05-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #5

I wouldn't have the first clue if it was hydraulic or electric, I'm so green it's not funny. Tried with only battery power and again with shore power and battery. The only fuses I could find were in the trailer. Pic under electrical system. We checked all the ones marked 15 amps(?).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	504.1 KB
ID:	108076  
Old 05-16-2016, 08:40 PM   #6

Quote:
I wouldn't have the first clue if it was hydraulic or electric, I'm so green it's not funny. Tried with only battery power and again with shore power and battery. The only fuses I could find were in the trailer. Pic under electrical system.
If fuses are good did you hold the switch down long enough . my guess is it is something simple that you've forgotten from last yr . still can't see a picture
Old 05-16-2016, 08:43 PM   #7

Quote:
I wouldn't have the first clue if it was hydraulic or electric, I'm so green it's not funny. Tried with only battery power and again with shore power and battery. The only fuses I could find were in the trailer. Pic under electrical system. We checked all the ones marked 15 amps(?).
That is not a picture . did you visually check the fuses . can you find your distribution panel ? do other 12 volt items work ? ie lights
wish i could help but with what info i have i'm not sure what is good or not . maybe there is a trouble shooting guide in your handbook
Old 05-16-2016, 08:47 PM   #8

Visually checked the fuses and unfortunately the person we purchased the fifth wheel from retracted them so we could move it to our lot. Lights etc all work. My manual unfortunately isn't worth the paper it was printed on. My apologies my trailer is an hour and half away from me, but that is what my stuff looks like.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:43 PM   #9

I am not familiar with your specific unit but I would guess the slide that works is electric. The other 2 are hydraulic.
I'm guessing there is a big 12V breaker tripped somewhere. In my motorhome it's by the batteries and is about 90 to 100 amps.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:56 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
i wasn't able to see any locking mechanisms on the back slideouts
They would be on the top of the slide on the inside of the trailer. May look something like this:

Tags
slide, slide out