Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2015, 11:21 PM   #1

2004 38 RDLS Salem--slide woes

Unsure how to post a question, so tagging in on this post. I have a 2004 Salem 38 RDLS. Haven't used it in a few months due to weather. Today I tried to slide out the slide outs and the bedroom slide came completely out and the living room slide only went half way. Now the neither slide will move in or out. I was thinking hydraulic problems. Maybe air in the line or too much or not enough fluid. I bled the lines and still nothing. I put a volt meter on the battery and when I drive to move the slides it doesn't pull the battery down--almost like it is using the inverter only.........any suggestions may the solenoid switch?
Days camped last year 81...2015 this my first time out and having trouble.
summerfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:36 AM   #2

Add this question---is there a manual crank out on this system. If so where is it located.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:09 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

If it's a hydraulically driven slide and the hydraulic pump doesn't run went you activate the slide controls, check for a blown in line fuse or resettable circuit breaker on the power supply to the pump.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:52 PM   #4

Dave_Monica, thank you for your reply. I will look for an in-line fuse. The pump is running put will not move the 16ft slide. I ultimately loosened up the hydraulic lines and used a bottle jack to finish getting the slide out. Then I tightened the lines back. It has been raining since so I have enjoyed the camping for now....I will resume my quest to figure this out. To be honest this has stumped me. I once thought that I could work on about anything and get it working.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:58 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a link to Lippert for more info on their hydraulic slide drives for when you're ready to dive in... Technical Support Center and Videos

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem, slide