Old 08-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #1

2010 Sabre 32BHOK - Slide Out Question

Just got our 32BHOK. Noticed when retracting the slides that there isnt a real "stop" The slides come in and then you start hearing a cranking sound. I am not sure if this is a sound to tell you to stop or if this is gears rolling over each other etc.

Any ideas?

Also the last time we went to put the slide out, we heard the same noise and the slide would not go out. I manually cranked the main slide a few "inches" then hit the button again and it went on out. Now, it is 400 degrees here in SC and I personally think the slide seals were a bit sticky from the heat. This has happened with our previous camper.

On our old camper, when they were in all the way they would just stop.

Thanks in advance for the info

Old 08-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #2

Did I ask this in the wrong location or no one has experienced / know what to do with this?

Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 PM   #3

On my 5th, when the slide moves in / out to the end of travel, you hear that 'cranking' sound...that's normal. The clutch prevents the slide motor from being overloaded. When you heard it on the way out, you are probably correct that the seals were stuck...get some decent slide weather strip lube and you should be ok... I know the first time I heard the clutch at the dealer when I was doing the PDI it was a little discomforting.

2010 Rockwood 8281SS Signature Ultra Light
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 w/6.7 Cummins
bobsquarepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:51 AM   #4

I dont let mine go that far i really dont think its very good on them to click like that i just stop mine when i hear the motor starting to bog down and i stop.I have sheared a few bolts off letting it go click so i quit doing that and bolts stop shearing off.Like bob said a good seal lube/conditioner is what you need for your seals to keep them in good shape. Enjoy that new sabre and welcome to the forum
Old 08-03-2010, 01:16 AM   #5

yes you get a feel when to stop before the clicking starts when you open and close them enough times.

2010 Rockwood 8281SS Signature Ultra Light
2009 Dodge Ram 2500 w/6.7 Cummins
bobsquarepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #6

We have our maiden voyage in a few weeks. I plan to actually just locate a spot on the ent center and mark it somehow so that I know where the "IN" line is. Thanks for the responses.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #7

It did it again. Again it may be that when I put in from the last time (the first time it happened) that I put it in too far. This time when I ran it back in I was very careful as to how far, NO CLICKING. then I ran it back out fine a foot or so then back in again. So I am hoping that I am just running it in too far. Will let you know fri/sat as we go on our maiden voyage.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:47 PM   #8

worked fine this weekend. I think it is caused by me pulling the slide in too far.