Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2016, 07:16 PM   #1

2011 Forest River touring edition 36rd5s

Hello all, I am new here and have just bought a 2011 cedar creek 36rd5s, In the living room slide, rear left if your in the drivers seat of the truck looking back, this is the sofa slide, it goes out good but, it does not seal.I can see daylight and stick my fingers between the seal and the main wall, it has lipert hydraulic leveling system and under the slides it has 2 bars with teeth and a hydraulic shaft as well. I am assuming this is hydraulic slide? How may I adjust this to get it out all the way? When its in, the top of the slide pretty much touches the light globe on the ceiling fan while the left side is probably 2-3 inches away from the light fixture. Any hints and tricks would be greatly appreciated Thank you Mike
mikeey169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:33 AM   #2

When we first purchased ours new we had a like issue. We took it to a local dealer who did the adjustment under warranty. It took them less than 30 minutes from start to finish.

I did watch and ask questions while they were working, but I am by no means qualified to tell you how to made the adjustments.

I was told that it had nothing to do with adjusting the hydraulic ram, it was a matter of adjustments to the slide out frame itself as to distance. The hydraulic ram is going to travel from full close to full open the same every time and is not adjustable.

Here is what I do recall. The extended the slide to the full out position. Under the slide out at the slide rails was a long threaded rod with an adjustment nut and a lock nut to secure the adjustment nut in place once the adjustment was complete. The loosened the lock nut then turned the adjustment but to pull the slide out to the fully extended positon where the gasket from the interior sealed. After running the side in and out a few time watching for any binding of the slide they set the lock nut in place.

It maybe worth a few dollars to have a RV Tech so the adjustment for you. As I said I am far from being qualified in teaching anyone how to do this. You may also have some luck if you search youtube for a directional video.

Good Luck,

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, forest river, touring edition