Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2015, 10:51 PM   #1

Unhappy 2014 3051S Big Slide is stuck on one side

I am heading out for our vacation but I am not able to get our big slide on our Forester Class C to slide out...this motorhome has the King Slide which slides an entire wall (Dining room, Kitchen, sink, bath sink and bedroom). My issue is that the rear of the slide seems to want to slide out however the front of the slide (the section right behind the drivers seat) is "stuck"...it will not move. I hear all the motors running so I do not believe it is a electrical problem as I have the motorhome plugged into my house right now...could it be electrical? Could the rubber seal be stuck that tight that it would prevent the slide from going out?
Help!! I really don't want to cancel my vacation.
rz81rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:33 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz81rm View Post
I am heading out for our vacation but I am not able to get our big slide on our Forester Class C to slide out...this motorhome has the King Slide which slides an entire wall (Dining room, Kitchen, sink, bath sink and bedroom). My issue is that the rear of the slide seems to want to slide out however the front of the slide (the section right behind the drivers seat) is "stuck"...it will not move. I hear all the motors running so I do not believe it is a electrical problem as I have the motorhome plugged into my house right now...could it be electrical? Could the rubber seal be stuck that tight that it would prevent the slide from going out?

Is there an error message flashing on the controller. I assume it's a Schwintek system.
uralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz81rm View Post
I would take a yard stick and a flashlight and swipe underneath the dinette area to look for something that may be obstructing the slide.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:09 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
As mentioned in numerous other discussions, disconnect wires at controller and reattach. So many work loose. Than as uralman asked, check for a code.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:41 AM   #5

Thanks all!! I checked the wires and they are plugged in tightly. I looked for an error code and it seems to flash the red light 8 times and the Green light once...which seems to be a short of some kind going to motor one.
Looking for a manual to see what to do
rz81rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:08 PM   #6

Web

Go to SCHWINTEC.com
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:02 PM   #7

Our 5th wheel had this exact problem. Took it to a dealer who dropped part of the basement and found manufacturing trash had worked its way into the rack and pinion and jammed it tight. After removing the trash, had to replace a damaged pinion gear on the shaft.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:13 PM   #8
Ready to Go

On my electric motors I had the same thing on my bedroom... it wa a matter of resyncing the motors. My tech came to my house... did the slide in and when it stopped he held it for 5 more seconds.. a few times of out and in with the hold on the in the motors synced up again and I was all good.

2001 F250 SD 7.3 Turbo
2013 Sanibel 39' 5th wheel.
JeffLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:17 PM   #9

One end of slide stuck

Not sure of your design, however the same thing happened to me. My design has a single electric drive motor that sits between both gears that drive the rack gears on each side of the slide. There are steel square tubes that connect the gear box of the drive motor to the drive gears for the rack. The bolt that connects the gearbox to the tubes fell out on one side. The motor turned and only turned one gear of the slide. It appeared that the slide was stuck on one side because the gear was not being driven. Replaced the bolt and I was back in business. Easy fix.

Good Luck !
johnnyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:25 PM   #10

Same model but slide stuck open

Hi. We were in a campground for two weeks and after getting everything unhooked and ready for travel we couldn't bring in the slide. One end seemed to come in about three inches. The small amount of movement will only happen after pushing slide switch twice. Nothing at first then motor sound on second try with one end slightly coming in. The 3051s forester 2014 has a full wall slide and we already had to have it rebuilt two months after we bought it last year. Some of the suggestions ( none of which worked for us but might for you). Run the engine for 15 minutes since generator doesn't charge batteries as well and if they are weak the slide may not work. We ended up having to remove the woo trim to gain access to the motors, disable them, manually push the slide in. Wood bars were then crafted in the shape of a "T" and "H" and place them between wall and slide on either end to prevent slide from coming out during travel. As I type this, we are traveling like this back to Florida. Very disgusted. First--why not create an access panel to get to the motors so the wood trim doesn't have to be ripped off for access? Second, why is there no manual override on this schwintek syst? Third? Why is it failing again??
kluglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffLynn View Post
On my electric motors I had the same thing on my bedroom... it wa a matter of resyncing the motors. My tech came to my house... did the slide in and when it stopped he held it for 5 more seconds.. a few times of out and in with the hold on the in the motors synced up again and I was all good.
Agree but with severity of misalignment best call Lippert for some free advice!, might save a motor or gear.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, 305, slide