Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2016, 07:22 PM   #1
Ned

2014 Georgetown 351DS Dinette Slideout won't retract

The dinette slideout (Lippert brand) will not retract. It is currently almost all the way out. If I try to fully extend it, it makes a loud noise like something is jammed and it doesn't move. When I try to retract it, it comes in about 4 to 6 inches then makes the same noise and won't move. The project I was working on when this happened was I was trying out a new wifi repeater I just purchased. I had mounted the antenna on the top of the ladder and had retracted the slideout alittle so I could feed the antenna cable through the side wall seal. After I had done this, I re-extended the slideout but not all the way so as not to pinch the cable. After I ran my test of the repeater (it worked great), I removed the cable fromthe side wall and tried to re-extend the slideout. That's when the noise started.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, georgetown, slide, slide out