Old 04-17-2019, 12:36 PM   #1

2014 Salem by FR 30KQBSS slide leak

Purchased a 2014 30KQBSS a few months ago. Got it home, opened everything up, all that stuff. I closed the slide, then walked back into the camper an hour or so later and noticed water on the dinette table in the slide. We had some snow early and wrote it off as water that intruded when closing the slide or while towing it home. Here we are months later, and I notice water dripping from the light fixture above the dinette. I remove the fixture to find it full of water as well as water dripping from the hole in the slide ceiling that the wires protrude from. The insulatation and wood within the hole is not noticeably soaked. I go topside to inspect the slide roof. No damage as far as I can see. I'm at a loss as how water could find it's way through the slide roof and into the light fixture. Has anyone else experienced this or have guidance to find where this water is coming from. It is our first camper and we are beyond excited for this summer, but this is definitely putting a damper on things.

Heeler24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #2

Have the same issue, what happens on ours is when you let slide out the top seal sticks to the slide out and it pulls it off the camper 1/2 of it, pulls staples out of the side of the camper. I cant get any help on new camper from dealer non existent to them after the sale.

Granite State Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:07 PM   #3

I had similar issue on my 2017 31KQBTS. What I have found was on the roof of the slide out, the flange on outside edge had 90% of the screws not torqued down. After tightening them all down I then put a strip of eternabond over the flange and screw heads making sure to overlap the sides as well. Strangely enough when I checked my bunkhouse slides they had sealing tape from the factory over them. It has been a year and have not had any issues since. Hope this helps
j02kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, leak, salem, slide