Old 06-24-2014, 11:52 PM   #1

2014 Salem DBUD Slide Out Roof Rot

I can't believe it roof rot on the slide out of our 2014 DBUD. We've had it since the end of February and it has already had the awning replaced under warranty. This time I was applying Eterna Bond to the roof seam on the slide out from a step ladder and noticed the roof on one side looked bubbly and felt rough under the membrane and it feels like about 1/4 of the roof was soft and swollen. I found a cut in the membrane about 1/2 to 3/4" long near the roof gasket. Also the ceiling panel has tiny bubbles formed on it. The sad thing is we have only used it twice for about 6 nights total with rain on two days out of the 6. It had been on the dealers lot since August of 2013 so it had to have been damaged when we purchase it. Will get it in to the dealer on Friday and see what happens

Old 06-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
TigerPride

Sorry to hear ur troubles hope it all works out for u please keep us posted curious to see what happens. My sister and husband just bought an outback Sydney fiver and r having a similar problem. When buying they noticed a dark spot in the front bedroom on the ceiling dealer tried to wipe it clean but would not come off. Told her it must be some over spray from a sealant use on the inside B.S.!!! They got the camper on there first trip out brotherinlaw made a bad judgement swung the tail end of the camper Into a tree in his yard. Broke the ladder off the back and punctured a little hole in the roof in the very back corner. When the brought it in for repair on that the tech called and said there was a two foot rip up in the front on the opposite side from his damage. It was right over the dark spot in there bedroom needless to say they tried to blame them for it but reporting the dark spot before they bought saved them. The factory is gonna replace the rubber roof free of charge.
P S. sorry so long just thought I would share

Old 06-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #3

The area is actually about 2'x3' and the slice looks like something sharp cut a small slice in the rubber causing water to enter because it did rain pretty heavy during our last outing. Maybe the cut was caused by something on the roof or under the gasket when I closed it up but I always sweep debris off before closing the slide, who knows. I did file a claim with State Farm today so it can be repaired and we can get going on the road again.Will take it in tomorrow and see what happens and the good thing is they are a very good dealer and have excellent customer service.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:05 PM   #4
TigerPride

That's awesome not very many good dealers left out there. Well good luck and hope y'all can get camping soon
Old 06-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #5

Took it in yesterday and our dealer seems to think it will be a warranty repair
Old 06-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #6
TigerPride

That is great hope it works out for y'all
Old 07-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #7

Parts have been ordered and repairs will be made under warranty
Old 07-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #8
TigerPride

Glad it all work out

06' f-150 5.4L
2015 rockwood 8286ws