Old 05-16-2016, 11:00 PM   #1

2014 Sunseeker 3170DS Living Room SLIDE BROKEN - HELP!!

Hey guys

Was dewinterizing our "new to us" recently purchased used 2014 Sunseeker 3170DS with 18,000 miles to get ready for our first summer trip, and of course the living room slide went out (we had used the slider successfully over the past month at least a dozen times). I THINK it might be the shear pin from what I have been reading, but wanted to get someone with more experience to tell me what they think.

I'm guessing I will have to push the slide out manually (with my hands, not manual crank because that is not working either) so I can access motor under couch? Can anyone confirm?

Any and all help appreciated - here is a quick video of some of things I saw today, hopefully that can help diagnose:

https://youtu.be/05AHBxzUNqI

Old 05-17-2016, 09:28 PM   #2

Found Bad Part

Ok so I slept on it last night, and Mike from FR sent me over in the morning a few pics of an installed gearbox/motor from inside the cabin without the slide inserted. I must say it would be really nice to have worked on this without the slide installed! The service shops are pretty busy in my area, and the $150/hr shop rate would add up quickly pulling a slide out (they said 8-12 hours to take out an put back in)

Seeing what bolts/screws needed to be removed from those photos from Mike gave me hope I could get it out now perhaps just through the compartment outside where the motor was.

I'll post pictures and a more detailed description later so others can learn from what I experienced, but short story is I had to enlarge the floor opening a few inches from inside the compartment to be able to get tools up in there with some various saws/drills. I had a few more challenges, but I was able to remove the motor assembly, and then was able to remove the gearbox/ragbox that housed the right angle gears.

I had already ordered the ragbox part earlier that morning in hopes I would get it out - (you had to order the whole box for $125 - no available components for it) from Venture, and had it on an overnight delivery ($60). Nice folks - I spoke with Patty.

Once I got the case open to the ragbox there was a rolled spring pin that had shattered and decoupled the fitting from the shear pin on the motor to the gears input shaft to the gear set. If I could figure out the specs of the spring pin, I can replace it on this one and have as a backup on the road at this point, since I already ordered a new box. Pretty expensive backup, but at this point oh well! Everything else seemed good (Teeth, bearings, etc)

Hope this info can help someone in the future. Again, I'll post some pictures, etc if that would be of help to others.

-Brad

Old 05-21-2016, 05:23 PM   #3

Following. Your YouTube video was very informative.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:29 PM   #4

repost video for motor replace and cost

Bradrv4 I have the exact same problem. Can you please provide more details on the repairs you made. Looks like you posted a video but not seeing the link. Hopefully shows the process including cuts you had to make to the floor and bolts to remove to get the motor assembly out and back in. Also interested in what was involved in getting the mechanical linkages made... and electrical connections.

Rvrobocop - did you also do the repair on your own if so any feedback on process? Did you get an quotes from a repair shop? I am wondering what is a fair price for the work.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:54 PM   #5

Mradmen,

Sorry to hear you are having same problem, but hopefully I can guide you. If you'd like - let's chat by phone to start. I can text you or email you some pictures. Later I can try to update this post - has forgotten all about it. Post your email and I'll email you my cell number.

-Brad
Old 10-02-2016, 04:00 PM   #6

I was able to Private Message you my phone number - give me a holler, and I'll get those pics posted later as well. I found them.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:31 AM   #7

Here is a link to the repair pictures I took. Unfortunately I do not have time to do a full write-up at the moment, but hopefully these will help. If you have specific questions, post them and I will do my best to answer in a timely fashion.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...lF5VnJ1RWZ5eWc

Hope they help!

-Brad

Tags
2014, 3170, roo, slide, sunseeker