Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2018, 11:52 AM   #1

2015 Heritage Glen slide Out

Hi there,
Have a 2015 Heritage Glen 312qbud, everything else works excepts back room slide out, makes a noise but doesn't do anything. would this be a fuse issue or a bad switch?
mdtiemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:57 AM   #2

Makes noise as in it should be opening? I would say if it makes noise at all then it is getting power to it, so shouldn't be a fuse or switch. Is it making like a loud clicking noise like when you close it all the way?
scottnlindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:11 PM   #3

It's stuck closed right now and does make that clicking noise like it should do something.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:37 PM   #4

Yes definitely loud clicking noise
Old 06-07-2018, 01:58 PM   #5
Carknocker Family

Pushing the right side of button? Just clicks both ways? You have slide out locks? First time this year using? Stuck? Try pushing or nudging while someone holds button. Battery charge good?
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:15 PM   #6

Yep, first time for this year, I'm not sure if there are locks on the slide or not.
It's fully closed and wont go in anymore. Just makes the noise and no movement to slide out. Our bigger slide is working perfectly. Battery is good. We will try pushing it tonight and see where we get with it. I appreciate the suggestions, this is our first camper with slide outs and haven't figured everything out. Thank you!
Old 06-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #7
Carknocker Family

Sometimes on first try gaskets will stick especially if not treated before storage. Hoping the push/nudge does it for ya.
Then treat your slide out gaskets and lube the slide tracks.
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtiemann View Post
Yep, first time for this year, I'm not sure if there are locks on the slide or not.
It's fully closed and wont go in anymore. Just makes the noise and no movement to slide out. Our bigger slide is working perfectly. Battery is good. We will try pushing it tonight and see where we get with it. I appreciate the suggestions, this is our first camper with slide outs and haven't figured everything out. Thank you!

Look on top of the slide, could be a lock there. Looks like a stick of wood or an aluminum tube even. Sometimes folks use them to keep the slide from creeping out while traveling.
AFDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:01 PM   #9
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtiemann View Post
Hi there,
Have a 2015 Heritage Glen 312qbud, everything else works excepts back room slide out, makes a noise but doesn't do anything. would this be a fuse issue or a bad switch?
Been there, recently, after just 2 years of ownership. Look underneath. You may have to remove the underbelly covering (fiddly but not too hard). Check out the mechanism and rails from the motor to the slide-out edge. You might find that the mounting system for main pipe/tub/screw housing is angled a little and not parallel with the chassis and the mechanisms screw housing. The housing is attached to the chassis with a floating pin/gimbal thing on a bracket

On my rig (HG 28RLT) the bracket was assembled at an angle, not parallel, welded like that and painted over, so everybody in manufacturing new about it and left it (caveat emptor). One day the thing it simply seized, thankfully shut and on the settee side not the dining side.

It was going to be too big a job to remove the bracket, break it up at the welds , realign it, re-weld it, then replace it, ensuring that the lengths were still the same (the distances from the main screw to lock nuts to slide-out bracket is critical), so... I packed up the difference with washers. The bolts thankfully were long enough to accommodate this. It isn't perfect but good enough and the slide-out works fine now.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out