Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #1

2015 Rockwood TT slide not working properly

Ok...So I've had this trailer for a couple years and have had many issues. Now when either plugged into shore power at home or even 50 amp at a campsite my slides will not move unless I am plugged into my truck. All fuses seem to be good and the fuse box shows no issues. Any suggestions?
BrianBari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Sounds like your battery is low.....Check it with a meter unplugged from shore power, then plug in and see if your meter shows a higher voltage.....If not, check converter output
Slide motors are 12 volt
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #3

As with your other post it sounds to me like a 12V problem either battery or converter. Do the recommended checks and let the forum know what you find
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #4

Sorry for the long delay in an update. Ive had the camper in storage. Heres the deal. Get the TT home, check the battery, its at 1.4v. I hooked it up to shore power and left it, still I think the battery reading was 1.3v. I hooked up a battery charger and charged the battery. It reads 11.7v. So now i have a charged battery and on shore power. I tried to open a slide and it was super slow. I turned on the fridge to gas cool and left it. Next day my fridge power lights are flashing. I had to power it off and it wont turn back on to elect only, that just flashes the gas lights, so i left it on gas cool. Ive followed the battery wire to 2 12v 40amp relay fuses, there is no reset but both ends test at 11.7v, so there is power running through there. I tried to check the power coming out the converter but there doesnt appear to be a place for testing it. Any suggestions on any of this? I just want my fridge to cool without cutting power and slides move while on shore power like they both used to do.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBari View Post
Sorry for the long delay in an update. Ive had the camper in storage. Heres the deal. Get the TT home, check the battery, its at 1.4v. I hooked it up to shore power and left it, still I think the battery reading was 1.3v. I hooked up a battery charger and charged the battery. It reads 11.7v. So now i have a charged battery and on shore power. I tried to open a slide and it was super slow. I turned on the fridge to gas cool and left it. Next day my fridge power lights are flashing. I had to power it off and it wont turn back on to elect only, that just flashes the gas lights, so i left it on gas cool. Ive followed the battery wire to 2 12v 40amp relay fuses, there is no reset but both ends test at 11.7v, so there is power running through there. I tried to check the power coming out the converter but there doesnt appear to be a place for testing it. Any suggestions on any of this? I just want my fridge to cool without cutting power and slides move while on shore power like they both used to do.
A 12v battery that reads 11.7v unloaded is like........dead.......just say'in
Old 05-05-2017, 08:53 PM   #6

Well crap. Its not even that old. I hope I still have the receipt. That could be my problem. Ill take it to get tested tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #7

You can tell if you converter is providing power to the battery by taking the battery out of the system ensuring the cables are to touching anything and then plug into shore power if you have power at the cables somewhere >13v your converter is providing power. from your description your battery seems to be dead.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:09 PM   #8

Have you checked the water level in the battery and topped up each cell. The level will drop over time and the battery will not charge. Also most TT slides run off the battery 12 volt system so having it plugged into 120 volt will not run the slide if the battery is not charged. As noted above a fully charged battery will be at 13 plus volts,. 11.7 is not charged.
brianre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, slide