Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #1

2017 Georgetown slides not working

I have a 2017 Georgetown XL with a Lippert combined jack and slide hydraulic system. We were packing up to leave Door county last week when none of the slides would work. after checking battery voltage and fuses in the battery compartment under the steps as well as bedroom fuse panel, I called a service person and he went through the system but told me I wasn't getting power to the switches. He suspected a blown fuse, circuit breaker or safety lockout that he couldn't find. he tried calling Forest River to find out where components were hidden but couldn't get through to any one. To get me going, he showed me how to jump power from the Arctic pack switch to the room slide switches. When jumped, the slides worked fine.

All three slide switches have two purple wires connected to the center terminals. Jumping to just one terminal provides power to all three switches.

Today, I just got done tracing power from the battery to the pump motor solenoid, to a white wire and up to a control box located in the first compartment behind the door. (Model 378 with mid door)
I have not been able to trace the six dark purple wires that come off the center of the switches to the point where they join or tie in to something somewhere.

Does anyone out there have advice on where to look or try?
Thank you for reading through this long post.
Brinkmef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:55 PM   #2

If your jacks work this may be your issue. Inside the battery control center (BCC) in the coach battery compartment there is lockout relay for ignition interlock (slides will not work with ignition switch on) and the output from that relay goes through a fuse to the slide switches. I think the fuse is the far right one looking into the BCC. At any rate it usually is one of the 15amp fuses in the BCC. Pull the cover off and check the fuses.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:57 PM   #3

You don't say what model GT XL you have. There are several.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:08 PM   #4

Sorry, it is a model 378.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #5

Here's the BCC on the wall adjacent to the coach batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sdc.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	388.7 KB
ID:	216729  
Old 10-06-2019, 07:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkmef View Post
Sorry, it is a model 378.
Sorry, I now see you did mention it in your write up. This should be somewhat like your BCC internal fuse layout.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf batcont1.pdf (252.6 KB, 206 views)
Old 10-07-2019, 08:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Sorry, I now see you did mention it in your write up. This should be somewhat like your BCC internal fuse layout.

Bubbles, thank you for this great info. I’ll let you know how it works out. I’m in north west Indiana and have three days of sun and am going to be using today to patch new roof leaks. They may have been old leaks but didn’t show up until we got hit by several inches of rain.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:30 AM   #8

Thank you

Bubbles, Thank you, thank you, thank you. I went ahead and checked the fuse you indicated on the drawing and found it bad. Replaced it and the slides are now working great. Now I just need to wonder about why the fuse blew in the first place.
Thank you again. If I meet you at a campground I’ll buy you a pizza and adult beverage.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:31 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Brinkmef,

We would be happy to assist you with your 2017 Georgetown XL. Because your ongoing satisfaction is very important to us, we invite you to contact Nicholas Hoover in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...60446229849145.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:14 AM   #10

2017 Georgetown slides not working

I have a 2014 Georgetown 378 XL and have experienced the same problem. With my rig if you park on a slope pointed down hill the front jacks go to max extension and the breaker mounted on the frame on the left side of the BCC pops. If you continue to press any of the slideout buttons after they have fully opened or closed the same breaker pops. As you stated earlier the jacks and slideouts are inter-connected, so in my case I believe that repeated stress on the system created the problem. I had the pump motor replaced with a heavier duty motor and haven't had a recurrence of the problem. I have an extended warranty which covered the repair thank goodness. Hope your further travels are trouble free.
Radarman 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:31 AM   #11

Thank you, this is good information. Hopefully I won’t need to resort to a new pump motor but glad to know it can be done if needed.

Tags
georgetown, slide