Old 06-03-2019, 09:44 PM   #1

2018 831CLBSS second slide actuator failed.

We have had our 2018 831CLBSS for 15 months and just had our second slide actuator fail. The first one that failed was the living room slide 8 months into our 12 month warranty. The second one was the bedroom slide, failed 3 months out of warranty. Settled the second slide repair with our RV dealer we purchased the unit from at a reasonable cost to us. Considering it was technically out of warranty, so that is not the issue.

My question is......... What would cause the actuators to fail???

The dealers service manager said the slides were not overloaded, and the weight of things stored was not the reason they failed. But they still could not give me a clue as to why they failed.

The slides were lubed properly, and did not squeak, bind, or drag going in or out. Just trying to figure this out. Any ideas???

Thanks, Gary.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:46 AM   #2

Hard to say without knowing exactly what failed within the actuator itself. My thinking is that the actuators are an imported item. A lot of imported items are not made to goods standards and do not last like they should.
It could also be, just a bad lot of actuators that other RV's will also have as well. Chances are, the replacement actuators will last the life of your RV.

Tags
actuator, slide