Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #1

2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2507S Slide not retracting fully

Hi all.... I am new to the world of owning and maintaining (and trouble-shooting) a TT. I just took delivery of my beautiful, brand new, 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2507S. I could not be more thrilled! While giving her a wash after her long trip to Washington state from Ohio, I noticed there is about a half inch gap between the outer seal of the slide and the outside wall of the camper. This is when the slide is fully retracted. I sense this is not how it is supposed to be. I would think there would be a tight seal with the slide completely flush against the side of the camper. I'm attaching a couple of photos and a video that may help to shed light on what I'm seeing. I have tried extending the slide in and out a few times, always with the same result. I am using shore power and have a full battery. The slide seems to work perfectly... just doesn't go in all the way.

Please let me know if this is not normal and what I should do about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190130_074444 (1).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	195695   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190130_074457 (1).jpg
Views:	120
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	195696  
Attached Files
This video is currently processing...
sherigutzmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 02:58 PM   #2

Can't really tell, but looks like the outside rubber D seal may be in contact with the RV? It it's really only a half inch and the seal is slightly compressed, I would probably leave it alone.

BUT, it is new, so take it back and have them adjust the stops if necessary.

I have one slide that when retracted is tight at the top and a little over 1/2" at the bottom. Not enough for me to want to adjust it and haven't had any problems. Sometimes fixing things leads to other problems
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:56 PM   #3

I recently bought the second microlite in our family. Same brand as the mini lite. The trim on the exterior of the slid out clearly compresses the d shape slide out seal all the way around except at one bottom corner where it doesn’t compress as much, but it is still visibly sealing.

If you are handy with a wrench, a wax pencil and a ratchet, all the adjustment, horizontal and vertical, is on the main slide rails underneath. Mine was slightly out of alignment by about 3/8 inch from side to side when I bought it. Super simple to mark, measure and adjust.

You could take it back to the dealer and have the same thing done, but like I said it was super simple, and I didn’t want to tow an hour each way to the dealer or go through the hassle of explaining the problem for them to say “well if it’s seals there’s no need to adjust.”
Sweedish15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, mini lite, rockwood, rockwood mini lite, slide