Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2014, 04:55 AM   #1

2618 Windjammer Bedroom Slide

Hi All,
We have a 2015 2618w Rockwood Windjammer. When we purchased it was noted that bedroom slide does not go in or out evenly on the sides. It is out 3 inches from one side to the other causing it to twist into place as it drops into the tray. We purchased anyway after being told it was probably just an adjustment . We are now being told that this is normal by the dealer and Forest River. We are also not confident about putting a slide topper on because of this.
I do not think it takes an engineer to figure out what problems will arise as a result of the twisting down the road.(aluminum frame, plywood, screws ect...) They say that others at the factory do the same thing.
What kind of a company is Forest River to blow me off when this is an obvious production problem? Any other Windjammer owners with this problem? Also, our Kingston, NH dealer has provided the worst service we have ever experienced in 30 years of RV ownership. Not Happy.
Proud To Be An American
Max Windjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #2

Do you know if you have a schwintek in wall slide? If so i have a post on forester thread with info and proper operation which the dealer obviosly did not tell you and does not know.
USNMM1VETERAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:23 AM   #3

It is a Lippert system with only a single screw located on the bottom center of the slide.It has a single arm and roller gear pack. Must have done it to save money as most slide out have two roller gear packs guiding them out evenly. If you see this single set up on Forest River product do not purchase it. In my opinion it is Poorly engineered.
Proud To Be An American
Old 12-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #4

Big pow wow at the dealership coming up on 12-14-14 regarding my problem with the bedroom slide out.. Let you know how this turns out.
Proud To Be An American
Old 01-07-2015, 03:59 PM   #5

Happy New Year Max, how did it work out?
Gardyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 06:32 PM   #6

Happy New Year to You as well. Dealer has stepped up and agrees that there is a problem with the slideout.Left camper with them at their request. They want 4 to 6 weeks to see what can be done between them and factory.I have not been contacted by anyone as yet. I have documented this since it first showed up at the PDI and intend to pursue it with my attorney if it is not repaired to my satisfaction.
Hopefully it will not come to that.
I should never gone ahead with the purchase but we had camping reservations the following weekend and I was assured it was just an adjustment.
Lesson Learned, Never sign on the dotted line for an RV until any and all deficiencies are corrected to your satisfaction. No exceptions.
Proud To Be An American
Old 02-27-2015, 03:01 AM   #7

Dealer was able to adjust slide to perform within spec. (what ever that means) Don't know why they would not do this in the beginning,Anyway I did purchase the second year warranty just in case. Happy camping!
Proud To Be An American
Old 02-27-2015, 07:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Windjammer View Post
Dealer was able to adjust slide to perform within spec. (what ever that means) Don't know why they would not do this in the beginning,Anyway I did purchase the second year warranty just in case. Happy camping!
Post # 1 states slide was out (3") side to side,now the Dealer has it (Within Factory Specs) what is the Measurement Now? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:40 PM   #9

It kind of walks out but does not twist into place as it did before. I will run it out a few more times and check when the weather changes ( if it ever changes) and make sure it is OK. I think we may sell it in the spring anyway. We are thinking no more RV's.
Proud To Be An American

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide, windjammer