Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2018, 08:06 AM   #1

Arctic Wolf Slide Issues

I bought a new 2017 Arctic Wolf 265DBH last June. Was fine the first three trips.

Our last trip of the season in September we encountered heavy rain overnight. Water was pouring is from the front slide so much that the sound woke us up. When I called ForestRiver to see what to do they told me I should not have purchased it since I don't have a local dealer (the dealer I purchased it from was 250 miles away). They gave me a list of local repair places who could do the repair under warranty.

After taking it to multiple repair shops Forest River suggested no one wanted to touch it or get involved. So I never got it fixed. Now my first trip of this season (the fifth trip this rv has been on) the large living room slide would not come in. It is getting stuck in the open position.

The large living room slide is getting caught on the top seal and will only come in if I pull really hard to get it past the rubber seal. Does anyone know of any fixes for this. The quality seems to be poor and I had issues with the dealer I purchased it from so don't want to go back there. Help. This RV is not even a year old and having major issues.
rgerrymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:07 AM   #2

It does sound like you need to have the slide adjusted and unless you have the tools and know how its a dealer job. If the unit is still under warranty you need to get it to a dealer that will fix it under warranty or pay the cost of an RV shop to adjust it.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:25 AM   #3

Without knowing your location it would be hard for other forum members to recommend a closer service center to do the work. I had a problem with the A/C unit on my TT during the notorious Dometic 15K problem(s) and took it to the selling dealer twice, one way 92 mile trip. I had read on another site where someone took the time to use the computer to find a qualified service center closer to their location. So I did that and to my surprise I did find a Dometic authorized service center about 45 miles from home. I called and talked to the owner of the business and he assure me he was factory authorized for Dometic. He turned out to be a "husband/wife" operated business out of a large building in his back yard. He diagnosed the A/C as having a problem, made a phone call to Dometic and had the new unit on the way before I left. Overall a great experience. So maybe do some "google" searching and see if you can find an authorized service center closer to your location. Forest River might be nice enough to help you find one.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide