Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #1

Bedroom Slide Broken

This is my first post so I may be in the wrong area. Anyway we arrived in Florida for the winter and the bedroom wardrobe slide is broken. We have a 2013 Flagstaff 8528TBWS Super lite. It is a chain/pulley wire system and one of top wires has broken at the fitting where it connects to the chain. Just wondering if anyone knows where I might get part numbers for this and if there might be any manuals/videos on how to replace the wire. It looks like the toughest part is getting access to the channel on the side of the slide where the wires and pulleys are located. The good news is the slide is out and we are parked for a bit.

Thanks in advance
rmmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:04 PM   #2

We had the same problem in Canada while returning from Alaska. Happened to find an expert repair in Prince George, B.C. who did not have the parts but were able to Jerry-rig the repair. Suggest you email Jacob Carter at Flagstaff for assistance.

2015 Silverado gas ext cab 2500
2014 Flagstaff 8528IKWS
greymedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:33 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply - I was already in touch with Jacob and he was able to email me the manual and the part number. Managed to get the part through Amazon for 20 dollars and we are back in business for now.

Part number is BAL 22305 cable repair kit if anyone out there needs it. Also a video on youtube proved helpfull.

Thanks again

Ron
rmmoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide