Old 08-26-2015, 10:40 PM   #11
I've worked on a few slides myself over the years ... adjusting, replacing seals, calking the plastic drain gutters the factory missed, replacing flooring, replacing balance shaft bolts. I worked mostly on SOB's. They had no rollers on the main slides, just the teflon ramp. If the slide room attaching brackets on the extension arms were positioned correctly as well as the stroke of the cylinder, when the slide came up the ramp and slid across the flooring, it had a positive seal all the way around the opening. The bedroom slides had small roller wheels under the foot of the bed frame to give support all the way across the bedroom floor and save wear an tear on the carpet. On none of them did the bed raise off the floor when fully retracted. I never had a unit leak around the slide perimeter seals. When they pulled up against the wall, the bed wheels sat on the floor and the seals felt near the same all the way around. I'm a bit new to Cedar Creek products, but my current Silverback's bed sits flat on the floor slide in or out and I have a positive seal with no leaks. With the weather this year ... we've been in some doozy rain storms. I reckon we'll agree to disagree on this aspect of slides.

dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:42 PM   #12
Sorry if I offended you. Not here on the forum to do that. Please note BEDROOM slide outs do not have the ramp configuration. They are mounted on rollers with a hydraulic or electric ram or gear system. I would think going back 15 years that his model is same. You are correct that the large slides with the floor leveling slide DO have the ramp, and glides flat on floor while many with ceramic flooring use rubber coated rollers to protect the tiles. This is a great forum and it's great that owners can get many views on how to repair their units , or just get some great ideas.

hillsdaletc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:28 AM   #13
Thanks for your help everyone! I do have a "one-button" system. The slides are hydraulically interconnected in one big loop. I have traced the entire length of the lines and cannot find external leaks anywhere. There are no isolation valves in the system. I must have a bad piston seal or check valve somewhere. The bedroom slide creeps out over several months, so it is very gradual. The living room slide does not lift at all, and stays in place without any creeping problems.

I just hate to see the bedroom slide-out open 3-4 inches when I come back after the winter. I'm hoping that a simple fix is to just support the foot of the bed with a couple wooden blocks when I winterize the trailer in October. I just want to make sure that this solution will not cause the slide-out structure to bend or break, if the cylinder is trying to force it out due to a bad seal. Is anyone worried about structural damage if I try this? Do you think the blocks will keep the slide from creeping out?
kdelcar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #14
I just saw your posts dieselguy and hillsdaletc. Thanks for all your input. I'm not sure about rollers, but when you look at the slides from under the trailer, there are no rollers. Each slide just moves on two steel channels on each side of the hydraulic cylinder. From all the responses, it sounds like I may have an internal oil leak. But, is there anyway to make sure my bedroom slide is adjusted properly? Are there any adjustments to the cylinder travel or slide structure that can be made to keep the bed on the floor? (Please also see my questions from the post I made earlier today).

kdelcar1 is offline   Reply With Quote

bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide, slide out