Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2015, 06:18 PM   #1

Bedroom Slide Stuck Out

New to RVing and posting so please forgive me if this has been covered but could not locate.

2014 FR Georgetown 328TS. Bedroom slide would stopped working in the extended position. There was a loop of the cable showing inside the MH in the upper left of the slide.

Checked fuses, all good but swapped them around to make sure, all okay.

Finally after a week of searching websites and forums and finding no help I started searching on my own, Finally found the location of the motor, electrical and gearing. If anyone else is having a problem, they are behind the decorative board above the slide. Remove the screw covers at each end and use a square bit to remove the screws.

Two cables disconnected from lower control of the slide, one from each end of the chain. One bolt lost the nut the was holding it in place, the other bolt snapped. With only one cable in each bracket it turned 90 degrees which then caught on electrical cable and separated the cable joints. Plugged them back together and had power again. My helper (my lovely and helpful bride) pressed the switch to bring the slide in about two inches as a test. This allowed me to get the loop of cable back in the box.

At least now I know I can get the slide in for my upcoming trip and then I can take it to someone to get it repaired. Saved a Mobile Tech call and cost.

Hope this helps someone who may have the same problem.
kjbakersr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:26 PM   #2

FR Documentation NO HELP!!!

Just to add, the Owners Manual was no help at all. Understand that it is generalized but they could include a list by model providing a location of motors and other major items like the Stabilizer Pump location (Yes, had a problem with them also that I had to figure out for myself but did locate info on Youtube that helped).

Their manual is SOOOOO general it almost forces you to go to someone to have things repaired.
kjbakersr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:41 PM   #3

I always wondered about this. I have a two slides in my 2016 38RLSW and heard of horror stories of the slide not retracting to storage position. Thanks for the info on the locations of the motors.

Ray
2016 W&P 38RLSW
Northern Virginia
sstuner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide