Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2016, 06:57 AM   #1

breakers trip

I have a 08 Wildcat 27 rkbs. Either in or out, the hydraulic slides wont make the full trip, without tripping the breaker. It resets within a few seconds...but is this normal? If I put the slides in...the BR slide comes in, the LR slide gets about halfway, and the breaker trips. After maybe 10 secs it resets, and all is well. Battery is fuly charged and cables are tight. I guess not a real problem, but is it indicative a something more serious?? Thanks in advance.
mikkeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:40 AM   #2
Site Team

this link may be of help to you
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...out-14234.html

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...lem-62486.html

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #3

Can anybody tell/show me where the central grounds are located on a 2015 Sandpiper 355RE? My Lippert slide system has recently been doing the same thing. Also while I am seeking help, my auto level (level-up) blows the 15 amp fuse EVERY time it is time to level the trailer or retract the leveling/landing gear.
rainsmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #4

You'd probably get more replies if you start your own thread instead of hijacking mine
Maybe read up on some forum etiquette too!
Old 06-10-2016, 06:56 PM   #5

I appreciate your somewhat rude response. I followed your topic and assumed you had received your answer. I was hoping to take advantage of the fact that you had attracted the attention of some folks that knew the answer to your problem and mine and would not have to sit and wait until someone noticed my problem. Certainly my bad. Didn't realize I was encroaching. I've never noticed such sensitivity in this forum before.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:30 PM   #6

I understand your motivation. Using others efforts..... So you don't have to wait. I understand. It's called hijacking. The OPs thread is discredited because now there's a second semi similar question on the thread.
It's not sensitivity. It's speaking out for what's right.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:49 PM   #7
Site Team

Lets all play nice.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkeeh View Post
I have a 08 Wildcat 27 rkbs. Either in or out, the hydraulic slides wont make the full trip, without tripping the breaker. It resets within a few seconds...but is this normal? If I put the slides in...the BR slide comes in, the LR slide gets about halfway, and the breaker trips. After maybe 10 secs it resets, and all is well. Battery is fuly charged and cables are tight. I guess not a real problem, but is it indicative a something more serious?? Thanks in advance.
I think what you have are 40 amp resettable breakers....I replaced mine with 50 amp and stopped that problem.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:32 PM   #9

cpaulsen:

I do have 40A breakers. I hesitate to upgrade the breakers as I assume they were usable when the camper was new. Something has increased the resistance in the system. I did check the grounds, and replaced the battery cables. The odd thing is it doesnt do it all the time. Had the unit out for 8 days, slides came in good....pulled it home...slides went out ok. I guess I need to recheck all the connections again. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:16 AM   #10

Smile

Quote:
cpaulsen:

I do have 40A breakers. I hesitate to upgrade the breakers as I assume they were usable when the camper was new. Something has increased the resistance in the system. I did check the grounds, and replaced the battery cables. The odd thing is it doesnt do it all the time. Had the unit out for 8 days, slides came in good....pulled it home...slides went out ok. I guess I need to recheck all the connections again. Thanks for the input.
Mine was 3 years old when I bought it....29RLBS.....read a lot of the slide breakers......and tried the 50 amp.....have had no problems since I changed them.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaulsen View Post
Mine was 3 years old when I bought it....29RLBS.....read a lot of the slide breakers......and tried the 50 amp.....have had no problems since I changed them.
OK Thanks for the info. Maybe Ill give it a try.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:16 PM   #12

Quote:
I understand your motivation. Using others efforts..... So you don't have to wait. I understand. It's called hijacking. The OPs thread is discredited because now there's a second semi similar question on the thread.

It's not sensitivity. It's speaking out for what's right.

I owe you an apology. I have followed this forum on a daily basis since before I owned my 5er. I had never heard of the term "hijacking" nor did I have a clue that what I was doing was looked down upon. Thank you for pointing out my improper actions. I'm not sure, but I may have done it before and no one bothered to point out the error of my ways. Anyway, I won't make that mistake again and I am truly sorry for my actions and any inconvenience or discomfort I may have caused you.

And, by pure accident, I stuck a new battery in and cured both the slide hesitation and my leveler problem. Apparently in the Lippert hydraulic system the power must pass through the battery. So I guess a faulty battery could screw up the slide breakers.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmik View Post
I owe you an apology. I have followed this forum on a daily basis since before I owned my 5er. I had never heard of the term "hijacking" nor did I have a clue that what I was doing was looked down upon. Thank you for pointing out my improper actions. I'm not sure, but I may have done it before and no one bothered to point out the error of my ways. Anyway, I won't make that mistake again and I am truly sorry for my actions and any inconvenience or discomfort I may have caused you.

And, by pure accident, I stuck a new battery in and cured both the slide hesitation and my leveler problem. Apparently in the Lippert hydraulic system the power must pass through the battery. So I guess a faulty battery could screw up the slide breakers.
Apology accepted. I truly appreciate you stepping up.
Glad you got your problem solved.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:33 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Air in the system will affect operation and may cause the breaker to blow also. Make sure your tank is at the max fill when closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker