Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
Chris and Sara

broken slide trim bracket

I noticed the trim at the bottom of my slide flapping in the breeze 2 weeks ago when I was bringing my new TT home. I was just wondering if there is any good metal experts on here that can tell me a better way of fastening this, besides the cheap pot metal bracket that came on it!!. The bracket on the left is the one my dealer sent me, totally the wrong bracket! I emailed them again to get me the right one, because we are due to go from Kansas City to Gatlinburg, Tn in 2 weeks, and I don't want my bottom trim piece coming off!!

2004 F-150 with Tow Package
2009 Flagstaff 829 FKSS
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equalizer Hitch

renegaderailfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegaderailfan View Post
I noticed the trim at the bottom of my slide flapping in the breeze 2 weeks ago when I was bringing my new TT home. I was just wondering if there is any good metal experts on here that can tell me a better way of fastening this, besides the cheap pot metal bracket that came on it!!. The bracket on the left is the one my dealer sent me, totally the wrong bracket! I emailed them again to get me the right one, because we are due to go from Kansas City to Gatlinburg, Tn in 2 weeks, and I don't want my bottom trim piece coming off!!

If it were me I would use a piece of 1.5" wide .120" thick steel flatbar of an appropriate length and bend it up to the right shape. Paint with rubberized undercoating available at most any auto parts store before installation.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
Chris and Sara

Thanks NWJEEPER, see you are from Wa, my aunt and uncle live in Port Angeles, Wa. Would love to get up there again sometime!! My grandparents took me there in their Airstream trailer when I was 8 yrs old. I'm 35 now!! I will try the flatbar, thanks.

2004 F-150 with Tow Package
2009 Flagstaff 829 FKSS
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equalizer Hitch

renegaderailfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegaderailfan View Post
Thanks NWJEEPER, see you are from Wa, my aunt and uncle live in Port Angeles, Wa. Would love to get up there again sometime!! My grandparents took me there in their Airstream trailer when I was 8 yrs old. I'm 35 now!! I will try the flatbar, thanks.
We like the Olympic Penisula area. Pt. Townsend is one of our favorite weekend getaways that is within 2 or so hours from home and it's only about 40 minutes from there to Port Angeles. A lot of the time there is sun out there when there is none here in the Puget Sound area.

Good luck with your project. I know the steel won't break on ya. Just don't get any of the rubberized undercoating on you as it doesn't come off easy. Once dry though it is tough stuff and well suited for any metal that is exposed to the road elements or damp areas.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote