Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2019, 08:31 AM   #1

Question cable slideout motor leaking oil on top of the slide out

I have a 2018 Salem Hemisphere 29BHHL. last July I noticed a blister about the size of a quarter on the roof of the cable drive slide out. The dealer replaced the roof and said FR told them the motor need to be rotated and that that will fix the problem. I got my trailer out of storage to clean and while washing the roof I noticed the roof was damaged again, but worse this time (the size of a dollar bill). had to take it back into the dealer for A/C repair and asked about the motor leaking. service manger stated that they would rotate the motor per FR instructions. I told him it was rotated in September and he said then they would put a catch pan under the motor to catch the oil and I would have to empty the pan. He said this is FR fix.
Has anyone else had this problem with the cable drive slide out motor leaking oil and is this how they fixed it?
rvrancher64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:40 AM   #2
Commercial Member

rvrancher64,

Thank you for being a part of the Salem family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Hemisphere. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Miranda Blackburn in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, leak, slide, slide out