Old 06-21-2019, 04:00 PM   #1

can slides go out hooked to tow vehicle

Can the slides go out while hooked up to the tow vehicle granted its level... We are going to have to overnight on our way to our destination..

Bryan294bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #2

When I had my TT, I used to put the slide out all the time with it still connected to the tow vehicle.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiDudi View Post
When I had my TT, I used to put the slide out all the time with it still connected to the tow vehicle.
Thanks just never tried and its brand new and first one with slides ..Didnt want to screw it up .. Sits darn near level on the truck so should be fine...
Old 06-21-2019, 04:29 PM   #4

Yes, we do it all the time if we are just staying someplace for one night on the way to our final destination.
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
ďIt's not how old you are, it's how you are old.ĒJules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Yes, we do it all the time if we are just staying someplace for one night on the way to our final destination.

Nice ... I just never tried it because truck to trailer is not level in my driveway.. Its way off so figure we got a July trip planned and instead driving ten hrs with the kids going to boondock half way.. Plus kids are like yeah man do what they do on you tube and make a video...
Old 06-21-2019, 04:36 PM   #6

you should be totally fine if close to level. I would avoid setting up fully in Walmart parking lots, truck stops or rest areas. Looks bad, poor camping etic and you could get a slide ripped off.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
you should be totally fine if close to level. I would avoid setting up fully in Walmart parking lots, truck stops or rest areas. Looks bad, poor camping etic and you could get a slide ripped off.

yeah we wont be barb Qing outside or anything just sleeping and our slides don't go out far .. just going to park we know the lot were going to head to and we called ahead and they said its fine. Its a Sams club.. We google earthed it they have a huge lot and its right off I95
Old 06-21-2019, 05:13 PM   #8

Slides can go out with no issues while hooked up. Can even extend partially if it's a Lippert slide with the rack and pinion "equalizer" on the bottom. On my trailer it makes it easier to access the bathroom although there is some daylight visible in lower corners unless fully extended. Not an issue unless cold and heat loss is a big issue.

If you pull into a Walmart or any other parking lot where they'll let you stay the night try and park where the slide will extend over a curb at the far end of the parking lot. Slide is protected from passing vehicles and these areas are often farthest away from buildings/doors. Sometimes you can find a parking spot in a rest area where you can do the same.

There should be no problem if you need to put a piece of wood or two under wheel(s) on one side to level up, even put down stabilizer jacks but don't put out the awning and lawn chairs. Anything that makes you look like your're "homesteading" will get unwanted attention.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan294bh View Post
yeah we wont be barb Qing outside or anything just sleeping and our slides don't go out far .. just going to park we know the lot were going to head to and we called ahead and they said its fine. Its a Sams club.. We google earthed it they have a huge lot and its right off I95

You'll still want to try and park so the slide goes over a curb or otherwise out of harms way...
Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Slides can go out with no issues while hooked up. Can even extend partially if it's a Lippert slide with the rack and pinion "equalizer" on the bottom. On my trailer it makes it easier to access the bathroom although there is some daylight visible in lower corners unless fully extended. Not an issue unless cold and heat loss is a big issue.

If you pull into a Walmart or any other parking lot where they'll let you stay the night try and park where the slide will extend over a curb at the far end of the parking lot. Slide is protected from passing vehicles and these areas are often farthest away from buildings/doors. Sometimes you can find a parking spot in a rest area where you can do the same.

There should be no problem if you need to put a piece of wood or two under wheel(s) on one side to level up, even put down stabilizer jacks but don't put out the awning and lawn chairs. Anything that makes you look like your're "homesteading" will get unwanted attention.
yeah I google earthed it and the side my slides will be at the lots end will be facing a field and they are off the main road so wont be looking bad for business

Tags
slide, tow vehicle