Old 02-16-2016, 11:01 AM   #11
My 8529IKBS is exactly the same.
They lay down in less than an hour.
Not sure of your "can't put the slides in without guiding" comment.
Mine go in fine without having to "guide" anything.

2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 44
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:39 PM   #12
I,m thinking compensation for this vexing issue.

2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:43 PM   #13
I raised the skirt on the stove about a 1/2 inch fixed it.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:50 PM   #14
Originally Posted by 2Vals View Post
Our new 2015 Salem Hemisphere 286RL has the carpet pieces on the slides that bunch up against the kitchen island when pulled in. This has to be a design flaw and I am not sure how it can be fixed or compensated for? I suspect there are quite a few others with similar condition. Any thoughts?
We have a 26VFKS. And similar problem on one corner of the carpet where when slide is in, it bumps up against a bathroom wall. When extended, a small corner of the carpet is raised above floor level. I thought about (but have not tried yet) a piece of sticky Velcro might do the trick when slide is extended.
ornery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:13 PM   #15
Our 336rlt does the same thing. Carpet bunches up against the island with slide in.
pacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:22 PM   #16
This is common with all slides, the carpet ( flap) is there for a reason ours bunches up like that I both our slides, kitchen on one side, dinette on the other. Downside of an island.
Jim & Pam
Ram 2500, Crew Cab
2014 Hemisphere 327res
JP Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:50 AM   #17
Originally Posted by JP Camper View Post
This is common with all slides, the carpet ( flap) is there for a reason ours bunches up like that I both our slides, kitchen on one side, dinette on the other. Downside of an island.
I realize the intended purpose of the loose carpet edge inboard of the slide floor - to make the transition more home-like, and to hide the inside edge of the slide base. The problem comes in when the carpet is crushed against an island or other object like a wall or whatever. This causes it to be uneven and wrinkled, making somewhat of a trip hazard and not looking particularly attractive!
I contend this should have been addressed in the design/production phase and either made short enough to clear the object (removing the problem), or made another way! I have seen a couple of RVs where the carpet was wrapped around the slide base making a neat transition (possible alternative), or some other method. I guess I just can't understand why they would continue putting this poor design out there for us owners/users to deal with!?! Thanks
2015 FR Salem 286RLT Hemisphere 5th wheel
F250 Diesel Laredo Crew Cab

Traveling the highways & bi-ways . . .
with our girls, the maltese pups .
Happy Trails
2Vals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:29 PM   #18
New 30IOKS same issue

I'm thinking of putting the island up on a piece of 1/4 inch plywood that is approx 10 inches wide. This would leave a 1/4 inch gap for the carpet to slide under on each side of the island.

Hoser2eh is offline   Reply With Quote

slide, slide out