Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2016, 07:53 PM   #1
SWA

Cherokee 274bhs electric slide not moving

Wondering if someone can help me out. I have a 2015 Cherokee 274bhs TT. The slide will not open. The slide motor works and the gear box is all good. The problem seems to be the actuator itself. It's and electric slide. When I try and and spin it manually still no luck. I keep hearing that shear pins break easily but I can't seem to find a photo of the internals of the actuator or where this "shear pin' is located.

When I take the motor and gear box off and expose this( this is not my photo just the closet I could find on the Internet) I can spin it freely and no slide movement. I imagine this is attached to some type of threaded coupling that pushes the threaded rod oh or in which in turn moves the slide. Can anyone point me in the direction of a blow up diagram? Or Know the part that has failed. It is at the dealership being looked at because it is still under warranty but I'd like to know for myself for the future.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464569495.315736.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	109495

This is the only diagram I can find in regards to the actuator
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464569580.915132.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	109496

Thanks for the help