Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #1

Question Cirucit breaker for slide out

2006 Salem Le:: Does anyone know if I have a 110 volt hooked up and a 12volt hooked up at the same time, and my slide doesnt work, and the circuit breaker is tripped, would there still show power to my motor for the slide out? It says there is power when I hook a trester up to the motor,but nothing happens. I was told to check the circuit reset button under the a frame by the battery,but if the testeer says there is power to the motor wouldnt the circuit breaker be fine? It has a hydraulic motor,not electric?
fishfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #2

Hi fishfrey. There isn't-(at least I couldn't find one) a circuit breaker for the slide outs. The power to the motor- at least on mine is 12v regardless of AC hookup, or battery power. Your wfco converter converts the AC shore power over to 12v anyway, for almost everything, except the micro and the Air Conditioning. Under the frame just behind the tongue, in a GREEN plastic watertight seal,(follow the wire), is the FUSE, should be a 30 amp automotive style bayonet connector fuse. This fuse is designed to blow in the event of a power surge, or a short in the lines. I know on mine, the whole slide out system is electric motors- 12v, and there is NO hydraulic hoses or fluids involved. I think power is supplied to those motors from another source, and the switch is what is fused, controlling the motors. I pulled EVERY fuse out of the converter panel when mine tripped, and all were good. Then I climbed around under the camper, and found those green fuse holders, opened them up, and sure enough, had one bad. Replaced it, and been great ever since. Hope this helps
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #3

Also, there is a junction block on the frame- same area under and behind the tongue, that has a small reset button to push in the middle of the block.(follow battery wires to this block, has nuts bolting the wire terminals on) Mine was corroded, 3 months old, took it in to the dealer, and they found/replaced that. I had no 12v power inside, but hooked to AC power, everything worked. Turned out the battery wires that go to the converter via that junction block was the culprit!
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #4

Fihfrey, the electric motor powers the hydraulic pump. I am willing to bet you your battery is not fully charged. The slide motor reguires a fully charged battery. The inverter alone does not have enough umph. That is why you may have blown a fuse or tripped a breaker. Also check all of your connections and make sure they are not corroded. Take a regular deep cycle charger and charge your battery.

Charlie
Cherokee39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:33 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfrey View Post
, and my slide doesnt work, and the circuit breaker is tripped
Which circuit breaker is tripped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfrey View Post
would there still show power to my motor for the slide out? It says there is power when I hook a trester up to the motor,but nothing happens.
If you're getting power to the motor the circuit breaker isn't the problem. How many volts are you reading?

It sounds like the motor is bad. Is it making any kind of noise when trying to actuate the slide(s)? Have you checked the hydraulic oil level?

I agree that it could be a discharged or bad battery. Charge the battery an take it and have it tested then report back.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #6

I will report back in two weeks (june 8th) I sure hope it is something simple like a dead battery! Thanks to all that replied!!!!
fishfrey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker