Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #1

Closed my slide on my door...

So last fall before my last couple of trips for the season. I accidentally didn't close one of the doors to my bathroom in the rear bunk. It did a lot of damage to the door. When operating the slide, it would still go in and out. It would go out all the way, but never return to a fully closed position. It always stuck out 2 inches or so.

Anyways, here it is spring, and I am looking into fixing the problem. The door I have all glued up, and hopefully that will go back to looking almost like new.

I am now working on the slide however. So first things first, the slide is all out of sequence. It will open all the way fully, but it doesn't wait for its "turn" it always seems to start to open as soon as my bedroom opens, but stops about half way through. Does the same thing when closing, but it will never close all the way. I was underneath looking at some of the differences between that and the other side. The teeth seem to be about a half an inch difference between them. I didn't think that was a big deal. The stroke of the cylinder seems to be about the same. Again like a 1/4" out. But there are the two nuts on either end of the bracket that are WAY different. They are not stripped however! The threads are also rusted, but I am sure they will move with some help. When I turn the nut however the cylinder turns with it, so I ll have to somehow grip that.

I am just wondering if anyone here has experience with this? Who can maybe give some insight as to how the hydraulics are supposed to work here? Does it work off pressure? In that case did I screw up the cylinder and that is why it doesn't operate in sequence?

Thanks in advance!
Nate769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, slide