Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #1

Condensation near slides?

Brand new to travel trailers and we are now full timers. We love everything about but but just last night I noticed that there is some condensation near our bedroom slide out. It is the farthest room away from the heater so that room is also the coldest. So is there anything I can do to warm up that room along with the living room and bathroom, and also where is the condensation coming from? It rained very little and this is the first time for me to notice the condensation, so I'm wondering why and how can I prevent this? Do I need a simple dehumidifier or should I have my seals checked out?
rsibarra2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
Plain Old Member

Not sure exactly where your condensation is, but I'm guess windows or on some walls. Caused by inside / outside temp difference, shower humidity, wet towels and gas heat. We full time as well, and recently added a 35 qt dehumidifier and have it set on 45%. WORLD of difference and no condensation in windows. No more muggy feeling in the camper either. Another thing to consider, is crack the cabinet / closet doors open, as you can get condensation in those areas as well. This allows the temp in the cabinets to be the same as the rest of the coach. In my first camper, it was so bad one time all my clothes in the closet were damp, as I had left the door closed.

As for heating, we use our roof air heat strips most of the time, or small tower heaters, one on each end of the fifth wheel. We stay away from the gas furnace as much as possible, and usually don't need it unless it gets well below freezing.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
Carknocker Family

Usually what I do when I get some condensation when running the heater, is open a window in that room a little bit. Will usually disappear on it own. I am sure others will chime in.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
We full time as well, and recently added a 35 qt dehumidifier and have it set on 45%. WORLD of difference and no condensation in windows.
John, can you share the make and model of the dehumidifier you are using?

Thanks!
wplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:56 PM   #5

Having a HTT we really see it when the temp drops below 50 or rainy days. If your trailer has separate heat and A/C controls, you can run your A/C. New HTT has one thermostat. Considering getting one of the small 30-40 OZ dehumidifiers.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #6

we just bought surveyor 291bhss & are camping in the rain ...
the Master bedroom walls are wet and I have small pools of water all along the seams .... the tub and sink are leaking too . OMG . what's going on , is this condensation or rain water running thru the roof n thru the walls ? my windows aren't. wet .
I have called service where we bought from .

The jones
theJones444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out