Old 09-17-2015, 03:15 PM   #1

Crusader Slide scraping

I have had trouble from day 1 with our 2014 Crusader 295st kitchen slide. We brought it back to our dealer because it was cutting slices into the floor. They adjusted it as much as they could and did a fine job of fixing the tears in the floor.
It has been a year and it is still rubbing on the bottom of the slide. The black is out shredded and is right down to the board now. The inside floor is fine but the outside is wearing fast and when it opens and closes, you can hear that it is straining vs the other slide that runs smoothly and faster.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:14 AM   #2
Senior New Member

slides scraping

We have the same problem on the large living room slide of our 2015 Crusader. The adjustments on the end of the supports are already set at the highest level. It appears that no one has replied to your post from a long time ago, which is sad. Have you been able to find a solution the problem?

Old 02-03-2016, 03:40 AM   #3

Our large Crusader slide has rubbed on the floor since new.
We place a vinyl flooring plank at each end of the slide when we bring it in for the slide to slide on instead of the floor. Does the trick.
We also place a 3 inch piece of foam between the kitchen slide and the island since we can't stop the kitchen drawers opening while traveling.
Sometimes it is easier to find a way around the problem than to try and fix to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-03-2016, 06:07 AM   #4

Posts DROP OFF FAST,so it is up to you to Bring it Back! Posts like "My Dog Barks" can last for Days! Now in regards to all 3 of your slide issues,1st it is Dealer,2nd Call F/R if Dealer fails to Totally Fix your Slide issues! All slide issues Sometime CAN NOT be fixed by any Dealer! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	072.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	334.9 KB
ID:	98827   Click image for larger version

Name:	070.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	98828   Click image for larger version

Name:	073.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	351.0 KB
ID:	98829  
Old 02-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #5
Senior New Member

Slide scraping, bottom of slide

Thanks Samaka and others....our's is cutting into the bottom of the slide in the center and on one end. I found 20 pages of posts on the subject under "Darco"...have not found a definitive solution yet.
The Crusader is a 2015 but it was used one time when I bought it from the Dealer so was "as is" with no warranty. I'd really like to fix it myself since my dealer is no help without a lot of $$$ incentive.
Thanks again for your replies !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaka View Post
Our large Crusader slide has rubbed on the floor since new.
We place a vinyl flooring plank at each end of the slide when we bring it in for the slide to slide on instead of the floor. Does the trick.
We also place a 3 inch piece of foam between the kitchen slide and the island since we can't stop the kitchen drawers opening while traveling.
Sometimes it is easier to find a way around the problem than to try and fix to no avail.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:47 PM   #6

You may have read that others have added 'wear strips' to the underside of the slide where the rollers dig in. I think stainless steel sheet was the most successful as it doesn't mark the floor like aluminum would. Plastic has been used also but I think it breaks up as well eventually.
I understand why you want to do the work yourself. It is only because of dealer's and the factory's incompetence/ poor quality control that we are all having these problems.
The Darco tearing under the slides is one of the few problems I don't have (yet).

Old 02-15-2016, 10:41 PM   #7
Senior New Member

Slide scraping, bottom of slide

Anyone have better contact info for Forest River service? I got this off the website but have not had any replies to email sent over 2 weeks ago:
Service

Rick Koelndorfer
Service Representative
574-862-3053
RKoelndorfer@forestriverinc.com

Thanks, Ausstar
2015 Crusader 295ST
2014 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Old 06-23-2016, 08:55 AM   #8

Forest River Contact Info

Here is the customer service phone # for Forest River: 574-534-3167

Hope your problem is resolved ok.

Traveling the highways & bi-ways . . .
with our girls, the maltese pups .
Happy Trails
2Vals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:36 PM   #9
Senior New Member

Slide scraping, bottom of slide; FR contacts

2Vals, thanks for your follow up ! I was able to make some contacts at FR but unfortunately they said there was no warranty solution and referred me to the dealer. I found someone at the dealer to suggest I try to file down some screw heads on the wear strip that the slide moves over. I jacked it up enough to get a file in the gap and had success. I filled the worn grooves with wood epoxy, and covered them with thick high molecular wt. plastic tape. We just completed a 21 night, 12 stop trip and it appears to be holding for now !
Thanks again, Ausstar

Tags
crusader, slide